PDA

View Full Version : IRH elite ultra vs GPA Speed Air

Jive
Apr. 6, 2012, 07:33 PM
My last few helmets have been a charles owen GR8. But i sweat more than the average gal and usually look like i have hosed down my head when i take my helmet off. I've been wanting a speed air for years. Tried one on and it is hands down the best fitting helmet that has ever sat on my head but at that time i couldn't get past the price.

How does the IRH elite ultra compare for anyone that has worn one.

Celeritas
Apr. 6, 2012, 08:51 PM
The shape is a little different. The Elite rocked side to side on my head a bit, and the speed air fits me perfectly, so I think the Elite is even a little MORE round than the speed air. I say try it though, it may be that it will still fit you well, especially if you also fit in charles owen. CO's don't fit me AT ALL.

dab
Apr. 8, 2012, 08:50 AM
Elite also comes in long oval -- I actually have worn long ovals in other model helmets, but wear the standard shape elite --

Xanthoria
Apr. 8, 2012, 12:36 PM
I have a very long oval head and had a GPA SpeedAir that just died. I got an IRH ATH SSV and an IRH Elite Xtreme to compare with the SpeedAir.

I ended up buying the ATH SSV as it fit better, but it's nowhere near as cushy and comfy as the SpeedAir.

I recently tried on a GPA Extreme Pro and it was even better than the SpeedAir, but also quite expensive.

My recommendation is buy a whole load of helmets from Dover or Smartpack and return the ones that don't fit. Fit is absolutely essential, and I bet your head is worth at least $500 (or $100 a year over the life of the helmet) :D

kelsey97
Apr. 15, 2012, 04:19 PM
My last few helmets have been a charles owen GR8. But i sweat more than the average gal and usually look like i have hosed down my head when i take my helmet off. I've been wanting a speed air for years. Tried one on and it is hands down the best fitting helmet that has ever sat on my head but at that time i couldn't get past the price.

How does the IRH elite ultra compare for anyone that has worn one.

The IRH is much more oval than CO and GPA...if you've had COs and they fit well, the IRH may not work for you.