PDA

View Full Version : I really respect my ex trainers

Claudius
Apr. 6, 2012, 06:14 PM
I decided to stop showing, to take lessons from someone else for another perspective on my young horse. I was really anxious that parting from my present trainers would be unpleasant and stressful. I need not have worried.
I can not say enough good things about how we all handled it....and it was probably not as big a deal for them as it was for me....but we were GREAT!!! There ARE good people in this business....people that try hard and have a lot of class!!! I am so grateful!!!

SpicyMonarch
Apr. 6, 2012, 08:01 PM
Isn't that the greatest feeling? I had a "bad breakup" with my former trainer when I moved to current trainer. Really unprofessional and slammed current trainer.

Almost five years later, I'm still with current trainer and LOVE her. While at school I've ridden (and still ride with) different trainers and have also ridden other people's horses on the side. There's never been any hard feelings. And she knows when I leave her it will only be to someone who can better myself and my riding. It's all part of the cycle!

that_grey
Apr. 6, 2012, 08:39 PM
That is a good feeling! I have had many bad experiences with my past trainers. I recently started training with a new trainer the end of last year the firs thing she said to me was "I train so you wont need me later on,but I am always here to help". I LOVED her at that moment,I feel like my old trainers would train so you would need them forever.. She is amazing I have learned more with her in the past couple months than I did with a trainer I was with for 10 years... Its great to know there are actually some nice horses people still out there!!

Hey,you learn from it all right?!

Linny
Apr. 6, 2012, 09:45 PM
I have been fortunate that I have left a couple of barns on good terms. It's a great feeling to know that "its not personal" can actually be accepted. I like to think that I could call up some former trainers and say I'm coming back and be welcomed. (I have gotten warm welcome as a visitor.)

gottagrey
Apr. 8, 2012, 12:18 AM
I am beginning to know that feeling. Due to economic reasons, I've made an agonizing decision to move my horse - needless to say owner/trainer was not thrilled w/my decision. I hope that my moving will not destroy the friendships I have w/ trainer. Sometimes they have to realize it's not about them, their program, the caregiving etc., it's about us - what we need/require at a given time in our lives.

dp1092
Apr. 8, 2012, 12:37 AM
I decided to stop showing, to take lessons from someone else for another perspective on my young horse. I was really anxious that parting from my present trainers would be unpleasant and stressful. I need not have worried.
I can not say enough good things about how we all handled it....and it was probably not as big a deal for them as it was for me....but we were GREAT!!! There ARE good people in this business....people that try hard and have a lot of class!!! I am so grateful!!!

It's always nice to hear someone praising their ex-trainers for how much bashing there is in the horse industry. Especially from clients on past trainers

Tehzebra
Apr. 8, 2012, 10:14 AM
In all my training moves, I've only had one bad leave.....But that is a long bitter story I wont go in to. All other moves that I have done have been great and smooth. Can bump into my old trainers and talk to them about whatever. One trainer even helped find me a new barn and trainer when she had to raise board to pay for everything. One of the last boarding barns I was at I have been back to 3 times! The place is great but the board just keeps going up and my budget keeps going down. :P