View Full Version : Saddle Repair - San Diego CA

two sticks
Apr. 6, 2012, 03:25 PM
Any Cothers out there know where I can take a saddle to get leather repairs? The leather on the underside containing the wool flocking is starting to separate. Needs some glue/stitching/something like that. I don't want to spend a ton of money as the saddle is 15+ years old, but can't afford to replace it and would like to prevent it from getting worse. I had patched it with duct tape but it's no longer sticking :lol: and I think I need a more permanent solution. Thanks!

Apr. 6, 2012, 04:16 PM
What about contacting your local tack shops and asking if they can recommend someone? You can always send it to Beval, but they are very expensive, you should be able to find someone local.

Apr. 6, 2012, 04:22 PM
I have no idea if they can help you but Anthony's in Solana Beach does shoe and leather repair and according to their sign they do tack repair. They actually are fixing my tall boots at the moment;) They are hands down the best place I've used for boot repair and are recommended by nearly every tack store I've asked in socal. Might be worth at least giving them a call to see if they can help or if they have a recommendation.

accidental cowgirl
Apr. 6, 2012, 04:59 PM
If you don't find someone local, you might contact bisonsaddlery.com, located in Montana. I just had him put a new seat on my older beval saddle (I got it back this week). He did a beautiful job, and it was about half of what Beval would have charged.

two sticks
Apr. 6, 2012, 05:27 PM
Should have added- looking for somewhere local, shipping it would be more than the saddle is worth.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Apr. 6, 2012, 08:13 PM
Maybe call Mary's Tack & Feed in Del Mar? I don't know if they do saddle repairs, but they probably know who does.

Apr. 6, 2012, 08:20 PM
Take it to Brad at Equisport. I think he is at the Oaksmright now, but usually goes to ShowPark in the summer as well. Pretty sure he has a web site.

Apr. 6, 2012, 08:44 PM
I agree that Brad at Equisport should be able to help. I think he will probably be down in San Diego in May for the Del Mar National at the fairgrounds and then to Showpark for Ranch and Coast.

Apr. 6, 2012, 08:46 PM
I second Mary's. If only I could remember the name of the guy my trainer uses...

Apr. 7, 2012, 10:53 AM
Try calling McClintocks out in east county, think his name is Gary. He did some repairs for me in the past and did a good job.

If I can recall the name of the guy who does the reflocking I will post he is in North county and I know Marys used to send stuff to him..maybe the store will give out his name.. maybe they won't

Due's Mom
Apr. 7, 2012, 12:09 PM
Limelight in San Marcos maybe?

Apr. 8, 2012, 06:37 PM
Definitely Anthony's Shoe Repair in Solana Beach. Most of the stuff he works on Is tack or riding boots. He also has a location in Del Mar Heights but if you want to talk to Anthony himself he will be at the original Solana Beach location.