PDA

View Full Version : Wellfleet Bridles - Must...Resist....

pippinpony
Apr. 6, 2012, 12:00 AM
Trying so so SO hard to to buy one right now.
The reviews are all good, and the bridle looks gorgeous! Plus, for less than $250, I also get a pair of reins and free shipping. (all hail SmartPak)
Someone please tell me they are as good as they look:yes:
Or maybe don't....

:lol:

buschkn
Apr. 6, 2012, 12:43 AM
I have two of the wellfleet figure 8 bridles and adore them. Very nice bridle for the price IMO. Sorry, no talking you out of it from me!

VTMorgan06
Apr. 6, 2012, 09:36 AM
Don't do it! It's junky awful cardboard leather! Is that what you wanted to hear?

Im just kidding, The Welfleet leather is sooo nice! I got a Welfleet halter last year and LOVE it!

pony4me
Apr. 6, 2012, 10:14 AM
Please don't get that bridle so someone else can enjoy getting a fabulous looking bridle at a very reasonable price, with SmartPak's free shipping and great customer service.

lachevaline
Apr. 6, 2012, 01:41 PM
Ha, I just asked for one (and a martingale) for my birthday... Have a halter and it's beautiful. So no help over here!

fatappy
Apr. 6, 2012, 02:24 PM
I just got the wellfleet bridle a week ago, first ride, the hook on the bit broke off as i was riding. Im sure i just got a defective pair, but still, Not cool.

Even so, I really am not happy with it overall. It oiled up almost black and it's just not refined. The straps that hold up the noseband are very thick and cheap looking. And the browband is huge! I have the plymouth and harwhich bridles and those browbands fit my horse fine! Go figure.

It's the first smartpak product i bought that I have been disappointed in.

pony4me
Apr. 6, 2012, 02:55 PM
Good point about the color. I have a grey, and one reason I got that bridle is because it olied up to almost black.

indygirl2560
Apr. 6, 2012, 04:41 PM
I love mine! Gorgeous leather that seems to be great quality and oils nicely. I only use it for shows and I get compliments on it every time I pull it out of my bridle bag! I received mine as a gift, but it is totally worth the money. If it doesn't work out, smartpak is happy to take it back too.

ako
Apr. 10, 2012, 01:02 AM
I've got the hunter bridle and love it. Great quality!