PDA

View Full Version : Best West Coast pony barn to send green pony to?

ponyhunters
Apr. 5, 2012, 10:45 PM
I have an extremely fancy green pony who is a bit on the hot side, but is absolutely the winner in the hack and over fences and will be competitive in the model. What is a good pony training barn on the West Coast that has a great program and moves ponies pretty quickly? Want to lease him out. Thanks!

LovesHorses
Apr. 6, 2012, 12:58 AM
I would think you would have a better chance on the East Coast. Green pony classes aren't all that big out here.

alter9876
Apr. 6, 2012, 01:25 AM
There were ten green pony hunters some weeks at Thermal- the division filled every week and was split some weeks- trainers were Liz Reilly (2), Andrea Hill (2), Jill Hamilton, Randy Durand, Erin Duffy, Kelli Bautista, Jenny Karazissis, Kate Considine, and several more- I would start with them.

maigenesis
Apr. 6, 2012, 10:18 AM
Also, if I am not mistaken, most barns out here do not just to the ponies, but do both horses and ponies.

huntereq1991
Apr. 6, 2012, 11:05 PM
I just wanted to put in a nice word for Liz Reilly-

I do not know her personally, but we had a small green pony that was sold to a client of hers. The pony was still very green when it was sold, but after about six months, the pony was winning at the A/AA level. I would say give her a call!

Justice
Apr. 8, 2012, 04:36 PM
I will second Kate Considine. She is tiny and brilliant with ponies and small hunters.