PDA

View Full Version : most comfy paddock boots?

horsechick
Apr. 5, 2012, 08:20 PM
I am usually in paddock boots all day, and my Grand Prixs are about shot. I liked them ok, but after all day they are really not so comfy. I can't do the Ariats because the slightly higher heel aggravated my old ankle break/dislocation.

So....on that note, what's your vote for attractive, well made paddocks that you can happily wear all day?

VTMorgan06
Apr. 5, 2012, 08:35 PM
I had a pair of treatstones that I LOVED!!! They had the softest ankles, like super thin soft calf leather, they were heaven! I spend a whopping $80 on them and I LOVED them!

I'm not usually a fan or ariats, but right now I have a pair of ariat paddocks that lace up the front and zip up the back, I like that I can adjust the laces and get a great fit, but then quickly zip them on and off.

Horsezee
Apr. 5, 2012, 09:00 PM
You can buy memory foam shoe/boot inserts that really up the comfort factor in Grand Prix padocks for not much $$.
Like these> http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/productSearch.do?method=doProductDetailsLookup&searchArg=58

:)

mrsbradbury
Apr. 5, 2012, 09:15 PM
I was a GP wearer for 10 years, then my husband bought me Ariats as a gift. For the first 3-4 months, my arches, ankles and knees were really uncomfortablee.

I just bought the tredstep Giocco, or maybe the tredstone? They were just under $100 bucks, and are really comfortable both to wear and ride in.

Misslordy
Apr. 7, 2012, 12:53 PM
I like my blundstones, slip on and off, wear all day, low heel. Downside is they aren't very pretty, but with half chaps on you can't tell:)

mvp
Apr. 7, 2012, 03:56 PM
I like my blundstones, slip on and off, wear all day, low heel. Downside is they aren't very pretty, but with half chaps on you can't tell:)

Funny, but I found these the most uncomfortably paddocks I have owned. And I don't think my feet are fussy; I still wore 'em for their natural lifetime.

No support and a low heel. If you wanted to know if you have a calcaneus bone, you'll know at the end of the day in these.

Crazy-Pony
Apr. 7, 2012, 10:26 PM
I adore my Ariat Heritage III Zips (http://www.smartpakequine.com/ariat-heritage-iii-zip-paddock-6993p.aspx?cm_sp=Category-_-TopPick-_-6993). I used to ride in them (schooling and show!) until I graduated to tall boots. Now, they have replaced by Wellies for barn work and they are actually really comfortable.

Ghazzu
Apr. 7, 2012, 10:35 PM
I was an Ariat fan for years, till the latest version of the Devon Pro.
Don't know what Ariat has done to "improve" things, but I went from being as comfortable as bedroom slippers to very unhappy.

I'm still trying to find something else. Hoping to try the Tredsteps whem my local tack shop gets a delivery.

Meanwhile, anyone interested in a pair of Cobalt Devon Pros?:D

Crazy-Pony
Apr. 7, 2012, 10:37 PM
Meanwhile, anyone interested in a pair of Cobalt Devon Pros?:D

Consignment tack shop, my dear friend. Consignment tack shop.