PDA

View Full Version : Currently successful Oldenburg hunters and jumpers

DownYonder
Apr. 4, 2012, 11:26 PM
H/J folks, I need your help. I need some names of currently successful Oldenburg hunters and jumpers for a magazine article. We are particularly interested in horses that have just shown successfully at WEF, HITS, etc.

Caveat: The horses absolutely MUST be registered with the Oldenburg Verband or its North American department, The Oldenburg Horse Breeders Society, and we must be able to quickly confirm the horse's name and breeding info via the USEF database.

Thanks for any pointers (I am a dressage person and don't follow the H/J circuit as closely as I should). :cool:

CBoylen
Apr. 4, 2012, 11:45 PM
Rosalynn, Clearly, World Time, Lumiere (needs breeding info, but Jane may have it).

Tha Ridge
Apr. 4, 2012, 11:47 PM
According to USEF, Genuine, a successful junior hunter, is an Oldenburg—Landcapitol x Pandora.

AlyssaSpellman
Apr. 5, 2012, 12:38 AM
Sanzibar is an Oldenburg that did well in the small juniors. I'm not sure if he was shown at WEF this year or not, but I know Alex Crown now owns him and I'd assume will start showing him again soon!

DarkStarrx
Apr. 5, 2012, 09:04 AM
Blue Loyd 12 is an Oldenburg very successful jumper. Cian O'Connor bought him before WEF from Nina Braaten.
Sanzibar didn't show at WEF, but should show in a few weeks and is qualified for Devon I believe.

ChocoMare
Apr. 5, 2012, 09:09 AM
Saint Sandro (http://www.goldenventurefarm.com/1GVFNSSInfo.htm)- 07' Black Oldenburg Stallion

Tha Ridge
Apr. 5, 2012, 10:12 AM
Saint Sandro (http://www.goldenventurefarm.com/1GVFNSSInfo.htm)- 07' Black Oldenburg Stallion

Cute, but doesn't look like he's exactly shown at the level the OP wants.

Kinsella
Apr. 5, 2012, 10:14 AM
Also not OHBS / Oldenburg Verband registered or approved.

DownYonder
Apr. 5, 2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks for all the tips!

DarkStarrx - I cannot find a Blue Lloyd listed with USEF. I searched under various spellings but got no results (even looked for him by owner name). Can you provide more info?

Chocomare - Saint Sandro does not fit the criteria. He is not registered or approved by OHBS/GOV, and he does not have the performance results we are looking for.

ChocoMare
Apr. 5, 2012, 11:52 AM
Oh well... nevermind :winkgrin:

DarkStarrx
Apr. 5, 2012, 12:20 PM
He is registered with the FEI, by Landor S. Very successful at WEF this year. Helped Ireland do very well in the Nations Cup. Sorry, it is Loyd not Lloyd.

lachevaline
Apr. 5, 2012, 01:40 PM
I was going to say Rosalynn!

DownYonder
Apr. 5, 2012, 02:19 PM
He is registered with the FEI, by Landor S. Very successful at WEF this year. Helped Ireland do very well in the Nations Cup. Sorry, it is Loyd not Lloyd.

Thanks for the info! :)

DMK
Apr. 5, 2012, 02:36 PM
wasn't Oszcar an Oldendburg? Well, maybe not registered, but his sire Alla C'zar was Oldenburg. And Oszcar counts for something - first 100 'n all that.

DownYonder
Apr. 5, 2012, 05:57 PM
wasn't Oszcar an Oldendburg? Well, maybe not registered, but his sire Alla C'zar was Oldenburg. And Oszcar counts for something - first 100 'n all that.

Quite honestly, I am not sure how he was registered. USEF lists him as breed N/A. At any rate, we are looking for CURRENTLY successful horses. Thanks for the info, anyway! :)