PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Traurig Clinic Recaps

abv1269
Apr. 4, 2012, 11:46 AM
In case anyone is interested.

If you ever get the chance to ride in or audit one of his clinics, I'd highly recommend it. Very polite, encouraging and engaging trainer.

http://galsandhorses.blogspot.com/2012/03/bernie-traurig-clinic-report-part-one.html

http://galsandhorses.blogspot.com/2012/04/bernie-traurig-clinic-report-part-two.html

lachevaline
Apr. 4, 2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for that - very interesting reading. I especially liked the recommendation to "bit down," because it seems like every jumper is going in a pelham or a gag these days...

HorseLuvr
Apr. 4, 2012, 03:01 PM
Thank you so much for the recap, I enjoyed reading them! I will be doing my first clinic with Bernie in about a month or so and your recaps were very helpful!

Ponychew
Apr. 4, 2012, 04:59 PM
I had the most amazing experience at Knightsbridge farms participating in the Bernie Trauig clinic.
I found that riding in such a beautiful environment on the Knightsbridge property with such a patience teacher made it a very magical 2 days. Bernie’s attention to detail from the first inspection of each riders tack, to his final thoughts on safety were clear and concise. His overall message of simplifying the riding experience really cut through with me. I had major improvement during the clinic with his suggested bit change, driving reins and galloping exercises. I would suggest this to any level of rider. This was a highly educational experience from a man who is a gifted teacher. I came away from the 2 day clinic with a renewed confidence of my riding abilities.

faraway46
Apr. 4, 2012, 07:24 PM
....but in case anyone is interested in further info on Traurig's clinics, here is a full three day recap of the one he did in Buenos Aires, Argentina, last year. He is coming back in May and I am planning to clinic again.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301681&highlight=traurig

I totally agree with his simplicity and encouragement. I have cliniced with many, many BNT (Fargis, Madden, Pessoa, Burr, Garson, Simpson, etc) and I can only compare him with DeNemethy (whom I cliniced with in Buenos Aires many, many years ago) although I have found Bernie to be more patient and congenial than Bert (and I can certainly understand his english more! ;) ).

He loves to train, has mounds of wisdom and will push you because he knows you can do it.

I can't recommend him enough.

Oh! Don't forget he has his website www.equestriancoach.com .
It's a great support system to continue your work after the clinic. Superb!

abv1269
Apr. 5, 2012, 08:28 AM
Glad the recaps help. I love when folks post recaps because it makes it so much easier for me to decide which ones to audit, participate in and so on.

And faraway, the more feedback the better. I agree, his website and DVD are invaluable resources!

MIKES MCS
Apr. 5, 2012, 11:02 AM
Can't wait for the BT clinic coming to Michigan in June .. This is a chance of a life time for this little area..

BAC
Apr. 5, 2012, 11:28 AM
After reading your reports I can see why he is such a popular clinician. If only he would come to my area so that I could audit.

MIKES MCS
Apr. 5, 2012, 03:11 PM
Perhaps a barn in your area would sponser a clinc . If he is willing to come to our little town, I take it he would go just about anywhere, It is not difficult to fill his clinics, the sponsor would have very little risk hosting one.

sp56
Apr. 6, 2012, 10:49 AM
I wish I had more video but here's a short video (http://bit.ly/HV1cyz) from the clinic I did with him the end of last year.

It was a very helpful clinic. I enjoyed spending a lot of time doing flatwork and learned about a few things that would make her go better. We did a lot of adjustability exercises, which my horse handled suprisingly well for a six year old with no show experience. This clinic combined with Eddie Macken's clinic really made me feel prepared to take her to Thermal 2012. :)

Although, be prepared to listen a lot about his new website and that you should subscribe. ;)

BAC
Apr. 6, 2012, 11:06 AM
Perhaps a barn in your area would sponser a clinc . If he is willing to come to our little town, I take it he would go just about anywhere, It is not difficult to fill his clinics, the sponsor would have very little risk hosting one.

I know he would come, I had an ongoing email conversation with him a few years back for Meadowbrook Pony Club's 50th Anniversary and he is an alumnus. But generally you have to pay their expenses, and airfare from CA would not be cheap. I did send the recaps to a friend at Meadowbrook though, in the hopes that they decide to have him give a clinic.