PDA

View Full Version : GPA helmet accident form

comingback
Apr. 3, 2012, 10:13 AM
Does anyone know where this exists? I've been directed to GPA's site but cannot locate the form used to report my accident. I need to complete this to take it to the shop I bought the helmet from so I can get a replacement.

Thanks in advance!!

Lucassb
Apr. 3, 2012, 10:43 AM
Most shops ask for a letter detailing the accident to be submitted along with the original receipt to document the purchase date. The replacement is not free - generally it costs between $150 - $200. I've never seen an actual form.

comingback
Apr. 3, 2012, 11:51 AM
Yes....dover gave me those details and directed me to the gpa site for a form in addition to the report, receipt and check for replacement. They said I need this form when I go to the store for them to send it back.

I dont see any other way to contact gpa.....was hoping someone else knew where this form was located.

TheHorseProblem
Apr. 3, 2012, 11:54 AM
I was in the same position back in 2005, only there was no form to download. I just took the helmet to the tack shop where I purchased it, paid $125 or so, and got a new helmet a month later.

They must be confusing it with Charles Owens, which does have an accident form.

GPA contact info:

http://www.gpa-sport.com/en/presentation/contact.php

Elementgrl2
Apr. 3, 2012, 12:23 PM
Unless Dover has a form, there is no form. Write a letter of what happen and give them a copy of your receipt.

MHM
Apr. 3, 2012, 12:48 PM
Which helmet companies give a discount on replacement helmets after a fall?

Just GPA and Charles Owen?

alspharmd
Apr. 3, 2012, 11:50 PM
IRH offers replacements, but when I inquired about the price to replace one that had been in an accident, the replacement price was only $10 less than the SmartPak price, plus SmartPak offered free shipping. I wasn't sure what the point was.

kbear
Apr. 4, 2012, 09:11 AM
Which helmet companies give a discount on replacement helmets after a fall?

Just GPA and Charles Owen?

Tipperary does.
I fell off in the winter, and my tack store told me to call Tipp directly. I called and emailed them a copy of my receipt, and that same day they sent out a new helmet for a significant discount.
I believe their policy is that they will replace the helmet within 1 year of purchase, if you are involved in a fall.