PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Spring Horse Show, two thumbs UP ...video added post #21

tidy rabbit
Apr. 2, 2012, 10:06 AM
I think this was possibly the most fun I've ever had at a horse show. The office staff was great. The gate worker was the nicest gate person I can remember. The courses were super. The weather was great. Our stable neighbors were adorable with their jumper ponies. Our horses jumped great. Even the beds in our hotel were good!

I got to meet overohunter and she was super sweet. Just missed connecting with PNWJumper so that was disappointing.

I am definitely going to try to make the trip back next year.

TWO THUMBS up to the classic company for running a fantastic show!!! :)

OveroHunter
Apr. 2, 2012, 10:34 AM
It was so exciting watching you ride! Aero is the most massively gorgeous horse I have ever seen. I hope y'all come back soon!

Sorry I missed y'all Friday night but work got a little out of hand :( I hope you had a margarita for me at the mexican restaurant!!

xxreddxheaddxx
Apr. 2, 2012, 10:35 AM
We had a good time this weekend too!

tidy rabbit
Apr. 2, 2012, 12:04 PM
We had a good time this weekend too!

What did you ride in? How did you do? I wish now I'd gone for both weeks. :)

tidy rabbit
Apr. 2, 2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks OveroHunter!!! Aero says "Thank you." ;-)

PNWjumper
Apr. 2, 2012, 12:15 PM
I'm still so bummed that I missed you by literally a matter of minutes! I was sitting in the airport thinking, "I could just detour over to Conyers...." Though I don't see my husband being all that understanding of being left alone at home with the kids for one more day because of a horseshow that I wasn't riding in, lol! (Especially just a couple of weeks before he gets abandonned for show one of the year). Anyhow, the worst part of missing you is that I easily could have planned my trip for Tues-Thurs instead of Mon-Wed, but my planning was a bit biased towards work schedule and in the back of my mind I was thinking that schooling day would be Tuesday so surely you'd haul in on Mon/Tues. Oh well, I got to live vicariously through pictures and recaps, so I guess that's the next best thing.

Your boys looked fantastic and I can't wait to see the progress as you move Aero into the 1.40m this year :D

Anselcat
Apr. 2, 2012, 01:02 PM
So nice to hear upbeat, positive show reports!

tidy rabbit
Apr. 2, 2012, 01:05 PM
Your boys looked fantastic and I can't wait to see the progress as you move Aero into the 1.40m this year :D

Bwwaahahhahaa. You know what I'm going to say to that. I'm pretty sure 1.30s will be good to finish at this year. 1.40s next year. Or the year after. LOL. You're probably right though.

PNWjumper
Apr. 2, 2012, 01:39 PM
Bwwaahahhahaa. You know what I'm going to say to that. I'm pretty sure 1.30s will be good to finish at this year. 1.40s next year. Or the year after. LOL. You're probably right though.

Ahhh....it will hit you soon enough that there is no difference between 1.20m and 1.40m for a horse of Aero's size :lol:

And from there it's just a hop, skip, and a jump up to 1.50m and beyond.....the sky's the limit!

k_lee85
Apr. 2, 2012, 02:06 PM
We were there too, and it was an awesome week! I always feel better about shelling out the $ for a well-run, quality show. Good job Classic Company!

tidy rabbit
Apr. 4, 2012, 01:08 PM
I added a new page to my website for horse show updates. Check it out. :) Some fun pictures there.

http://www.stoneybrookfarmohio.com/Horse_Show_Blog.php

DMK
Apr. 4, 2012, 01:21 PM
I'm still so bummed that I missed you by literally a matter of minutes! I was sitting in the airport thinking, "I could just detour over to Conyers...."

I meant to tell you that I-20 and the words "small detour" don't often mix well these days, but I kind of forgot... Good thing you didn't try!

Tidy I was going to sneak over and watch you and then I had to take out a loan to fill up my truck and rethought the matter!

Glad you had fun though!

PNWjumper
Apr. 4, 2012, 01:24 PM
I meant to tell you that I-20 and the words "small detour" don't often mix well these days, but I kind of forgot... Good thing you didn't try!

The thought did cross my mind. I figured that trying to get back to the airport could *possibly* be a slight issue at 4:30pm :lol:

Dinner was fun, though! Thank you for making my trip at least a little bit horse relevant :)

tidy rabbit
Apr. 4, 2012, 02:19 PM
Tidy I was going to sneak over and watch you and then I had to take out a loan to fill up my truck and rethought the matter!

No joke there. I spent over 500 dollars just in gas. BOO. But... it was probably the best horse show experience I've ever had soooo... money well spent. Absolutely nothing went wrong on the entire trip. Well if you don't count my accidental detour in downtown hotlanta's ghetto with the horse trailer and a full bladder. That was NOT good. LOL

fordtraktor
Apr. 4, 2012, 02:31 PM
Congrats on a great show. Atlanta is fantastic -- there is nothing like showing in the big ring there, I am glad your classes were in it!

xxreddxheaddxx
Apr. 4, 2012, 04:16 PM
What did you ride in? How did you do? I wish now I'd gone for both weeks. :)

We only went for one week this year too :( I did the medals this weekend. It was good, I was third in the maclay and the wihs hunter and my horse jumped the open water for the first time!

tidy rabbit
Apr. 4, 2012, 04:24 PM
It was good, I was third in the maclay and the wihs hunter and my horse jumped the open water for the first time!

OH! The one time we ventured into hunter land was when they were setting for and walking for the Maclay.

Congrats on your placing!

DMK
Apr. 4, 2012, 05:25 PM
PNW, I had a blast too, we must do it again! Too bad TR couldn't have spent another $100 in gas to join us!

Green Acres
Apr. 4, 2012, 10:35 PM
So glad you had a great trip to Georgia!!! I have drooled over your horses for years and wanted to see your boys jump but couldn't make it down during the week to watch. I did make it to see some friends in the hunters on Sunday.

I really wanted to show last weekend but didn't happen. Maybe the Classic Co shows in June... :yes:

tidy rabbit
Apr. 4, 2012, 11:31 PM
Ahhh Thanks Green Acres! Wish we could have met!

We made a fun video and posted it to youtube from the 3 days there, but we put a song on it that's causing it to be blocked, soon as we get it fixed up I'll share it. It's a composite of some video and stills that makes you feel like you're at the show with us!

tidy rabbit
Apr. 5, 2012, 08:25 AM
Here's a fun little video from the show.... :)

Warning, there is music on it so turn down your speakers if you don't want to hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caLTfw4K2k0

Green Acres
Apr. 5, 2012, 09:00 AM
Cool video and beautiful boys!

I had to laugh at the one still pictures of a local trainer with her old style 'golf' cart. :lol:

tidy rabbit
Apr. 5, 2012, 09:04 AM
That golf cart was da-bomb! We loved that thing. No idea who the trainer is but that single seat 3 wheeled golf cart kicks ass! :)

Green Acres
Apr. 5, 2012, 10:06 AM
That golf cart was da-bomb! We loved that thing. No idea who the trainer is but that single seat 3 wheeled golf cart kicks ass! :)

ha ha!!! Her name is Sunny Stevens, she's a trainer who has been around the Atlanta area for as long as I have ridden!!!!:yes:

fordtraktor
Apr. 5, 2012, 10:08 AM
Love the video. Your boys look fantastic!

DMK
Apr. 5, 2012, 10:11 AM
Sunny Stevens - I think that vehicle might be older than my old hunter. In fact I'm pretty sure it is. ;)

Summit Springs Farm
Apr. 5, 2012, 10:20 AM
TR great video, So sorry I missed you guys,we didn't show, just returned from Ocala, so the horses had some time off.
You look great!!! The horses are amazing.
When are you coming back? There is a very nice show in May 16-20;)

tidy rabbit
Apr. 5, 2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks SSF!!! We'll probably come back in 2013 for this same show series. KY starts up in May so no need to go any place else for the next 5 months. ;-)

FineAlready
Apr. 5, 2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks for sharing the video - loved it! It really shows how much fun you were having, plus you and your horses look great! Very nice to see, what with so many people taking themselves much too seriously these days! :)

pds
Apr. 5, 2012, 12:32 PM
Great video. The horses look great! Wish I'd have been paying attention that you were down here. I would have come to watch and a good excuse to bring Sammy.

KateKat
Apr. 5, 2012, 12:49 PM
LOL, I liked the stuffed squirrel in all your car pics. What is the story behind that?

Oh, and the boys looked great, as usual ;)

tidy rabbit
Apr. 5, 2012, 01:39 PM
pds, I'll definitely let you know if we come down next year. I'll bring Ollie and we could take pictures of Ollie and Sammy together. :)

Katekat, That's NUTS! An old friend gave him to me several years ago. We used to joke that we were going to rent a squirrel suit and show up at one of the shows at KY dressed as a giant squirrel just to annoy my old trainer. We never did it mostly because I was too tall for the suit. LOL but she gave me Nuts and he has put a lot of miles in with the horses.