PDA

View Full Version : New OTTB needs a show name

pritty-pony
Apr. 2, 2012, 08:10 AM
Hi Everyone

I am a long time reader but first time poster.

I recently got a new OTTB and need a show name. He is a 5 yr old 16hh chestnut that will be my jumper. He is by Giant's Causeway and has a stripe and RF and RH socks. His barn name is Andy and his racing name is Gigantos.

I am having a lot of trouble thinking of a show name for him. Any suggestions would be really appreciate.

Behind the 8 Ball
Apr. 2, 2012, 08:23 AM
The Gigs up

Fee Fie Foe Fum

Cause I can

witherbee
Apr. 2, 2012, 08:29 AM
Congrats on your new guy!

Gulliver
Big Dream
Big Love
Big Fun
Too Tall
Freeway (for Causeway)
Just Because
Red Giant
Copper Giant

pritty-pony
Apr. 2, 2012, 08:33 AM
I'm trying to stay away from things with Giant or big in the name since he isn't that big.

I do like Freeway and Just Because so far tho :)

Please keep ideas coming!

caffeinated
Apr. 2, 2012, 09:28 AM
Aw... I'd totally call him Gigantor just because it makes me laugh. hehe

BoyleHeightsKid
Apr. 2, 2012, 11:39 AM
Hightower :)

Naming him something "big" would be cool! It's like calling the big guy "Tiny".

Congrats on your new boy!

pritty-pony
Apr. 2, 2012, 12:18 PM
I'm still so undecided. I kind of like Gigantos. It is growing on me but I would like to have some more options.

Piatt Farms
Apr. 2, 2012, 01:42 PM
Don't Sass Me
Mr Big
Mismatch
Dryer Ate my Socks
Walkin on Sunshine
Overpass

Madeline
Apr. 2, 2012, 01:53 PM
I like Gigantos. It's his name, after all.

Monarch
Apr. 2, 2012, 02:26 PM
Dream Big

Alibhai's Alibar
Apr. 2, 2012, 02:30 PM
I like Gigantos.

I like it, too. Congratulations on your new horse!

waremares
Apr. 2, 2012, 02:33 PM
This just popped into my head:
Magic Beans

ccoronios
Apr. 2, 2012, 03:02 PM
I like Cause I Can! (good suggestion, 8-Ball!!!)

pritty-pony
Apr. 3, 2012, 07:12 AM
Maybe I will stick with Gigantos!

danceronice
Apr. 3, 2012, 10:19 AM
I'm still so undecided. I kind of like Gigantos. It is growing on me but I would like to have some more options.

I'd go with it, both to keep his real name/identity attached to his show record, and because if I had a Giant's Causeway I'd want to advertise it. Because I really like him. (And hey, I'm sure in Andy's own mind, he's huge!)

pritty-pony
Apr. 3, 2012, 10:44 AM
He definitely thinks hes big :)

Passion4Pintos
Apr. 3, 2012, 01:17 PM
Then you just said it. Name him "Think Big" or "Thinking Big".

I'm going to swim against the current and say that Gigantos/Gigantor don't work for me. He isn't big enough for it to work, nor is he tiny enough to be amusing. It's one of those names that makes me ask, "What were they thinking when they named him THAT?"

I liked "Cause I Can" and "Dream Big", too. Good luck with the decision!

SunshineSummertime
Apr. 3, 2012, 02:22 PM
Keep his name...super duper cute!

Sing Mia Song
Apr. 3, 2012, 03:05 PM
I like Gigantos, too, but I just looked up his full breeding and he is out of Dreamer's Glory, so I have to propose "Dream Big."

AllyandPete
Apr. 3, 2012, 08:49 PM
I think it is great to keep their registered names as long as they aren't too crazy. His name is decent and it is a part of his identity.

For example:

Mable's Pride = not cute (who the hell is Mable and why does she have pride in my horse? changed!)

Gigantos = cute. keep it!

When I got my new mare I had a lot of people ask me if I was going to change her name because they thought it was horrible. I on the other hand LOVE it, so now I have a horse named Taters (Small Potatoes). People can hate on it if they want...I think it is super cute and also lends itself to quite the slew of nicknames. haha.

Ambitious Kate
Apr. 7, 2012, 12:37 PM
When I got my new mare I had a lot of people ask me if I was going to change her name because they thought it was horrible. I on the other hand LOVE it, so now I have a horse named Taters (Small Potatoes). People can hate on it if they want...I think it is super cute and also lends itself to quite the slew of nicknames. haha.

You mean like Tasty Tots? Heh heh heh.:)