PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to a Rodney Strang clinic?

dogbluehorse
Apr. 1, 2012, 08:41 PM
Hi,
Rodney Strang is giving a clinic locally and the person who was acupuncturing my elbow (tendonitis induced by horse with no brakes pulling my arms out of my sockets) recommended him, so I signed up my rather excitable mare hoping he could help. Anyone had experience with his clinics?
Thanks in advance for info.
BTW acupuncture really seems to work for tendonitis in elbow. It's a miracle.

GrantanaKC
Apr. 1, 2012, 08:54 PM
I never did a clinic with Roddy, but I sent my "problem horse" to Roddy on a recommendation and he was WONDERFUL. He totally turned my horse around and, just as importantly, taught ME how to better understand my horse. Very down to earth and logical, my mom and I kept saying "well, duh! Why didn't we think of that?". I give him a thousand thumbs ups, he "saved" Henry for me.

dogbluehorse
Apr. 1, 2012, 09:05 PM
Good to hear! Sorry for calling him Rodney instead of Roddy. I have a 9 yr old Dutch WB mare that I got last year, she is very athletic and powerful but gets excitable over jumps and has a tendency to run away with you. Figure I am not going to win the muscle battle, so need to find a way to "finesse" her. This seemed like it was worth trying! Am taking my other horse too with my daughter ,he is the sweetest horse out there but doesn't like getting on trailers too much....

myalter1
Apr. 16, 2012, 04:06 PM
my dressage friend sends all of her horses to him. She swears by him.

bathsheba8542
Apr. 16, 2012, 05:12 PM
I watched him work a very, very difficult horse owned by someone I knew - she took him to him more than a few times, and it was AMAZING. I haven't seen a clinic, but I'd take a horse to him in a second if I needed his skills.

Isabeau Z Solace
Apr. 16, 2012, 05:17 PM
Another thumbs up for Roddy! I've sent horses to him.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=448424182804&set=a.59647957804.82877.536672804&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150427049867805&set=a.59647957804.82877.536672804&type=3

You got a link for clinic info?

blueeyepaint
Apr. 16, 2012, 07:34 PM
I watched him give a clinic and he was really good with the horses. It was like watching Buck Brannaman in the movie. He seems to have a understanding of what horses need.

dogbluehorse
Apr. 16, 2012, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=I

You got a link for clinic info?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it was this past weekend, in Lancaster MA.

It was kind of interesting. He thought maybe my mare has physical issues (either back pain or ulcers), so she is currently at the clinic getting checked out...

The other horse I took was a super-difficult trailer loader, he was loading like a champ in short order. Will see how long it lasts! Definitely interesting, but would think he would be more useful with regular interaction, than just a couple of days at a clinic. Also I tried the group sessions, if I could rewind, would have gone with private. Multi tasking with horses with different issues is rather tricky.