PDA

View Full Version : $500,000 CSI 5* Finale Grand Prix

Rel6
Mar. 31, 2012, 07:47 PM
It starts in 15 minutes, right? Anyone else watching?

juniormom
Mar. 31, 2012, 07:54 PM
I can't get anything to come up on the USEF network......... Isn't that where it is supposed to be?

Rel6
Mar. 31, 2012, 07:59 PM
Its working for me, here's the link: http://www.usef.org/USEFNetwork/

This is the course: http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/427940_337099469681297_179689378755641_948182_1458 818515_n.jpg

Order of go: http://usefnetwork.s3.amazonaws.com/pdfs/00/00/00/03/62/finale+gp+order+of+go.pdf

MHM
Mar. 31, 2012, 08:14 PM
I'm watching in person.

I LOVE the fact that the judge for the water jump has a red lantern to wave for the night class, instead of the usual red flag. :lol:

Tha Ridge
Mar. 31, 2012, 08:19 PM
Such a shame about Lauren Tisbo's time penalty. That horse looks like a fun ride—nice, lopey canter, careful jump. :)

MHM
Mar. 31, 2012, 08:25 PM
Such a shame about Lauren Tisbo's time penalty. That horse looks like a fun ride—nice, lopey canter, careful jump. :)

Yes, she was pretty far over the time, though. It's FEI tonight, which means 1 penalty for every four seconds over- she was at 91 and change and the TA is 88, I believe.

Tha Ridge
Mar. 31, 2012, 08:33 PM
Yes, she was pretty far over the time, though. It's FEI tonight, which means 1 penalty for every four seconds over- she was at 91 and change and the TA is 88, I believe.

Yep, 91 and change. Looks like it's going to be a tricky track for everyone though!

Vetvivi
Mar. 31, 2012, 08:38 PM
Ouch..anyone see Glory Days walking away after that fall? Didn't look too good

Rel6
Mar. 31, 2012, 08:41 PM
Ouch..anyone see Glory Days walking away after that fall? Didn't look too good

I though he looked a lot better pretty quickly though...hopefully its not too serious.

I couldn't quite tell what happened either, even with the replay. Looked like the horse went straight up and then straight back down.

mroades
Mar. 31, 2012, 09:28 PM
OMG Nougat can FLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Tha Ridge
Mar. 31, 2012, 09:29 PM
OMG Nougat can FLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely! If he had gotten a little less air-time, she probably wouldn't have had the time penalty.

MHM
Mar. 31, 2012, 09:34 PM
That was too bad Katie Dinan was just over the TA. That would have been a fun jump off for the youngsters!

mroades
Mar. 31, 2012, 09:37 PM
I was thinking as she went around that that was too much hang time...but dang... scope galore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feather river
Mar. 31, 2012, 09:39 PM
I was thinking as she went around that that was too much hang time...but dang... scope galore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good horse--rider will do well with more experience.:)

mroades
Mar. 31, 2012, 09:43 PM
yay for Quick Study !!!(owned by a friend!)

2ClydeTB
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:17 PM
I give a lot of respect for Meredith for circling her horse, having her horse's best interest in mind. Boo to Kent for about having a serious accident with his. That was a very dangerous last jump!!!

Arathita
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:19 PM
Only one horse clear?

JFJ
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:20 PM
No three the jump off will go in a minute. I forget the first one, but then Ian and Lauren Hough!

MHM
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:20 PM
Three clear in the first round. Jump off to start after the drag break.

Tha Ridge
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:21 PM
No three the jump off will go in a minute. I forget the first one, but then Ian and Lauren Hough!

Daniel Bluman and Sancha LS are the third.

Rel6
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:21 PM
good horse--rider will do well with more experience.:)

Thats an odd comment considering the rider didn't knock a single rail and much more experienced riders did.

Arathita
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:22 PM
Thank you. What a tough course.

Secret Dove
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:23 PM
I give a lot of respect for Meredith for circling her horse, having her horse's best interest in mind. Boo to Kent for about having a serious accident with his. That was a very dangerous last jump!!!

What "serious accident"? I didn't see horse or rider fall. I must've been sleeping.
Please remember that Kent has only had the horse for a short time and they're just getting to know each other. In all the years that I've seen Kent ride I've never seen him put any of his horses in danger.:);)

Tha Ridge
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:25 PM
Thats an odd comment considering the rider didn't knock a single rail and much more experienced riders did.

Agreed. Of course, the poster you quoted also said "Almost anyone can be a great rider if their parents have enough money," on another thread, so we know where they're coming from. :rolleyes:

MHM
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:25 PM
There were also two riders, Katie Dinan and Lauren Tisbo, with no jumping faults, just one time fault.

LowerSaxony_Jumper
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:38 PM
Why is there always the question about how good a rider is? If you can go around a course like this with out killing yourself or killing the rails your are a pretty good rider to me. And even if you get carted around by a packer, which is still diffrent at this height and with this distances. I could sit still on the biggest packer in there, i would pull and kick even if I would try not to.
A great rider is someone who is the whole package and might be somebody who is not even competing at all. Just needed to get that of my heart, so i can go back to sleep again.

Rel6
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:41 PM

It didn't seem very dangerous at all...an odd last two but not dangerous. Seemed like something funky happened into the second to last but they regrouped and almost had it together for the last one.

In fact, with how close together those last two jumps were it could have been more dangerous for him to make a sharp unexpected turn out of the bending line.

ETA: What the heck is up with this award ceremony?! I don't need to see placings 11-15, I need to see the winner receiving their award!!!

ynl063w
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:54 PM
Agreed. Of course, the poster you quoted also said "Almost anyone can be a great rider if their parents have enough money," on another thread, so we know where they're coming from. :rolleyes:

This. feather river's posts here make her seem petty, jealous, and uneducated.

MHM
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:56 PM
I don't know anything about the 21 year old from Colombia who won the class, but I have to think this is a pretty big day in his young life. Congrats to him! :cool:

mroades
Mar. 31, 2012, 11:01 PM
His horse is a stunner too!!!!

MHM
Mar. 31, 2012, 11:06 PM
The winning rider looked pretty excited when I walked by him in the schooling area right before the awards presentation. So did everyone around him! :lol:

Lynnwood
Mar. 31, 2012, 11:11 PM
This. feather river's posts here make her seem petty, jealous, and uneducated.

I agree couple this thread with the Hunter Derby "activity" and a few others and they just seem bitter and bored. :rolleyes:

canyonoak
Mar. 31, 2012, 11:14 PM
http://blumanequestrian.com/daniel.html

Pretty awesome resume for anyone, let alone 21 years old!

Florida Fan
Mar. 31, 2012, 11:32 PM
Very difficult course tonight. Odd...it fit certain horses and styles. There were some stops from some of the top riders...hard to figure. I sat with some "old timers" and they agreed...just odd.
Nice that Daniel had his day!!

MHM
Mar. 31, 2012, 11:59 PM
http://blumanequestrian.com/daniel.html

Pretty awesome resume for anyone, let alone 21 years old!

Wow! Impressive! :eek:

anuphillbattle
Apr. 1, 2012, 01:48 AM
I saw the first half and a couple more then had to leave!! The fall was scary :eek: couldn't see more than it looked like his legs were buckled under him and he was down. Amazing that he jumped back up. I was looking for gimpiness as he walked out...not terribly noticeable considering what I envisioned happened.

I'll have to find the re-runs. At least I saw the champion ride! AWESOME!!

I am in awe of the young ladies who are competing!! imagine when they're as old as the folks they are competing with and beating!!

However, give me a Billion dollar horse and I STILL couldn't do those jumps. No jealousy here... just admiration. Tsk, tsk on those who denigrate others achievements!

KateD
Apr. 1, 2012, 04:04 AM
I don't know anything about the 21 year old from Colombia who won the class, but I have to think this is a pretty big day in his young life. Congrats to him! :cool:

I'm pretty sure he just started training with Eric recently (this season?) too, lucky him!

MHM
Apr. 1, 2012, 06:04 AM
I'm pretty sure he just started training with Eric recently (this season?) too, lucky him!

Yes, I think that's correct, based on the press release that went out afterwards.

Here's a brief interview with him after the class on YouTube. He RAVES about his horse, which is always nice to see. :)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPAMuQj_Nyt8%26lis t%3DUUZK9TuZTpym1a5vDhobkWDg%26index%3D1%26feature %3Dplcp&index=1&list=UUZK9TuZTpym1a5vDhobkWDg&feature=plcp&v=PAMuQj_Nyt8&gl=US&rdm=4pxackras

J-Lu
Apr. 1, 2012, 10:32 PM
I think Saer's horse Springtime wants to try dressage. I think she should do what is in the best interest of her horse and send him to me. (what a lovely-moving horse)