PDA

View Full Version : OK Sundowner owner folks in the southeast......

paintjumper
Mar. 31, 2012, 01:31 PM
As many of you know, I have one of the models that can have frame issues and mine was indeed starting to "bubble" and I was scared to death to use it, so it just sat here doing nothing while I used my Sooner. I tried to get Sundowner to fix it but alas, it was 8 months out of warranty :( . SOOOO, I set about trying to find someone to take a look and fix what was necessary......and I FINALLY found him!!!!
This guy was perfect for the job and just happened to be 2 miles from my house!
He repairs semi trailers, so he and his staff were used to identifying problem areas and knew how to fix any problems they found.
They sandblasted the entire underneath, inspected it thoroughly for needed repairs and found a few/made them, put a heavy rust prevention primer on it, and then re-painted the underneath with a rust resistant paint. They even sandblasted the nose and repainted it too. It looks perfect and better yet, he said it will not fail.......that was what I wanted to hear! He just recommended washing it out after each use and storing it out of the weather, which I can do. I am in the process of downsizing, so it will be sold but I could not even sell/trade it in good conscious until these repairs were made, so I am VERY happy now.
Mine is a 6 horse with dressing room and it cost $2550 to get it done, just so you have an idea what it would cost if you would like to bring it to him.
He is in Tifton Ga. Email me if you are interested in speaking with him and I will give you his number. gallianofarms@gmail.com

Lady Counselor
Mar. 31, 2012, 08:23 PM
I heard that the larger trailers (4 and 6 horse) used different steel and therefore weren't as much at risk. It's good you had the inspection and clean up done though.

mroades
Mar. 31, 2012, 09:54 PM
My BO has a 4 horse 2000 model...frame is almost gone underneath

paintjumper
Apr. 1, 2012, 09:45 AM
Maybe this guy can help. He repairs all sorts of messes, from rust to wrecks. I was very pleased.