PDA

View Full Version : Help! Shipping From South FL to NOVA

laughATTACK
Mar. 31, 2012, 09:42 AM
Help! We are in quite the bind. We leave Wellington on the 8th, and head to Nashville for two weeks. Usually the whole barn goes, but unfortunately last minute one of the horses is unable to go and will need to be shipped back to VA by the 8th. The problem is that this is such a busy week for shippers, and finding him a ride has proven to be quite the task. So I'm reaching out to you guys....anyone got a spot or know any smaller time shippers who might not be fully booked?

JustJump
Mar. 31, 2012, 09:46 AM
You need to contact exhibitors at the show who are from NOVA, and start asking around.

The show office might be able to point you in the right direction.

laughATTACK
Mar. 31, 2012, 09:48 AM
That is a wonderful suggestion, and thank you. We actually have done that - most of the ones we know are full or already gone.

Frizzle
Mar. 31, 2012, 03:27 PM
Have you tried Aprile or C&E? I know they both do runs from Florida to the Midwest several times a week; maybe you could find a spot with one of their loads.

LetItBe
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:59 PM
Check with Meadowbrook (http://meadowbrooktransport.com). I believe they do weekly trips between South FL and NY and might be able to work a NOVA stop in. They brought my new guy down from NY and were great.

LetItBe

Buglet
Apr. 2, 2012, 09:32 AM
Check with Johnson Horse Transport. They shipped my guy from WEF to Maryland just a few days ago.

Kitty
Apr. 2, 2012, 08:03 PM
Go to www.wellington-WEF.com. There is a Transportation forum. Best way to find a ride out of Wellyworld!