View Full Version : No slip pad reccomendations?

Mar. 30, 2012, 09:34 PM
So I was just going to get this:

But it didn'y get the best reviews and i'd like something that really works and holds up pretty well so I was thinking of this: http://www.doversaddlery.com/riders-soft-gel-pad/p/X1-19089/#ProductTabs Do you think it would serve the same function? If not, what would you suggest? My show pad slips around terribly and I have to readjust it a million times.

Mar. 31, 2012, 12:31 AM
Rug pad. Cut to fit. Voila.

Rug pad as in to keep a rug from sliding on the floor.

Mar. 31, 2012, 01:38 AM
This is my favourite one

Mar. 31, 2012, 10:34 AM
Bought this one last May, use it on every horse I ride...LOVE it

Mar. 31, 2012, 05:38 PM
I have a terrible pad-spitter. I tried the Nunn Finer no-slip (similar to the first one you posted) and it doesn't work. Tried a rug-pad, cut to fit. Nope. The only things that worked for me are 1) that gel pad you posted second, and 2) Ecogold no-slip pad. Oh, and my saddle was professionally fitted and computer-scanned, so no, it's not a saddle fit issue. Those two things were the only things that worked. The gel pad works as long as it's clean - hose it off after a ride and make sure dust doesn't collect on it.

If you have the money, I highly recommend the Ecogold pads. I haven't tried the Hunter one, but the XC one is fabulous. No slip at all. In fact, I now have two of them - a white one and a grey one for xc.

Mar. 31, 2012, 06:41 PM
Not sure of the name, but the blue gel pad that comes in a yellow cardboard package. I have used countless no-slip pads due to a horse w/ non existent withers, the blue one is the ONLY one that works. I've had it for almost a year now and it still works perfect. I believe they can also be used under wraps. It's square but still fits under my show pad

Mar. 31, 2012, 10:47 PM
I have an Ecogold pad also (hunter) and love it. Pad doesn't slip even when I use a baby pad underneath to keep it cleaner.

Apr. 2, 2012, 12:30 PM
Eco-Gold. I have an asymetrical horse and even with a custom saddle, we need "no slip" help. Nothing else has worked. I am trying the Ogilvy pad, which appears similar, just because I'm a bit of a pad hoarder . . .

Apr. 2, 2012, 01:49 PM

Apr. 2, 2012, 03:03 PM
Rug pad. Cut to fit. Voila.

Rug pad as in to keep a rug from sliding on the floor.

I agree. Stop at Home Depot. Spend $5-$8. Sticks better than either chamois or the expensive one I ordered from the tack store.

c'est moi
Apr. 2, 2012, 03:30 PM
Wow, I'm really suprised to hear that so many people needed to buy expensive no-slip pads for their horses.

I ride a roly-poly cob and it seemed like nothing I did could keep my saddle from slipping. I eventually bought a cheap no-slip pad (it looks exactly like the the first one you listed)--problem fixed.

If I were you I would def. go with the cheaper one first because a) I think it will really work and b) it looks like the gel in the second one may alter your saddle fit.