PDA

View Full Version : Looking for barns/trainers in Ft. Walton Beach

AirForceWife
Mar. 30, 2012, 07:57 PM
Hello everyone, I'm moving to the Crestview area and I'm looking for jumper trainers in the area. I have absolutely no idea what's in the area except for my base. Looking to do lessons.

AirForceWife
Mar. 31, 2012, 10:00 AM
Bumping for views/info

Whinny83
Mar. 31, 2012, 04:46 PM
The stable on Eglin AFB has trainers who travel to the barn (dressage for sure, but I assume jumping as well). I would go visit the barn when you get down there, and try to find out. The barn is listed on Eglin's MWR website...the name of it is escaping me.

Good luck! I know a great dressage trainer too in Destin if you decide to switch!

AirForceWife
Mar. 31, 2012, 06:16 PM
Well depending on money, I'd love to take lessons in both (:
I started working for a lady that rode dressage back in high school but jumpers was always my passion and I can just now afford it! I think the only issue I'll have with Eglin is that horses are all privately owned and at the moment I can only take lessons. Have another year or so until I'm financially able to take on a horse of my own.

ex-racer owner
Mar. 31, 2012, 08:51 PM
Just in case Cother "EverAfterFarm" doesn't see this, you should try PM'ing her. She knows some folks that may be suitable for your needs in that general area.

spurzi
Apr. 1, 2012, 12:32 AM
Is Michael Newman not still out that way near/in Pensacola?...loved his lessons.