PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY! I'm getting a new horse trailer!

Whitfield Farm Hanoverians
Mar. 30, 2012, 06:57 PM
Just had to post this! I'm driving to WV this weekend & picking up my (new to me) 2009 Shadow 2+1 with full living quarters. It is pimped out with all the regular 2+1 stuff, tall & wide. Plus it has an outside tackroom so equipment doesn't have to go inside. Also has a slide out, room to sleep 4, electric jack, awning, inside/outside stereo, small kitchen, bathroom with shower. Lots of cabinets. A/C & heat, satellite tv. Fell in love with it 3 years ago when it was new. Just weird that I found it for sale. Living quarters have never been used. Only used 3 times with horses in it.
Here it is when it was new:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0BwQZh6-ao&list=UUyHV_X6OIAnrRdw5XeK1iZg&index=27&feature=plcp

Doing the Happy Dance!!!

Blume Farm
Mar. 30, 2012, 07:53 PM
I am sooooo Jealous! That is my dream trailer....but then I would need a bigger truck too!

BasqueMom
Mar. 30, 2012, 09:35 PM
Congrats!!!!!!

farmgirl598
Mar. 30, 2012, 10:09 PM
That's great!!!! I Hope you and your horses just LOVE IT!

Apr. 2, 2012, 08:42 PM
FINALLY got home. Trip to pick up trailer was over 1800 miles. WV has some seriously rough roads! Love the new trailer. It still smells brand new! Just goes to show, that if you search the very back roads of the internet for a long time you will find that "deal". Found one on my Dodge Dually also. Now I finally have the entire rig I've dreamed about. Have always had old truck/new trailer or new trailer/old truck. Now have both in new condition & SAFE! YEA!!!
Doing the happy dance!

Heart's Journey
Apr. 3, 2012, 01:22 PM
Congrats! One thing I noticed is a lack of storage (though you can never have too much) - but it looks like there is plenty of space on the wall in the bathroom for a long cabinet - you might want to think about adding one. Believe me, you will fill it up fast! good luck and enjoy

Apr. 3, 2012, 05:29 PM
It has many cabinets under the sofa, around the stove, at the head of the bed, above the sofa & the back wall. Way more than I'll probably need. I plan on mainly using the front box for hay & equipment with saddles locked in the outside tackroom on the swing out saddle racks.
I can't wait to use it!

whicker
Apr. 3, 2012, 06:58 PM
Whitfield,
Congratulations!
That's a lovely trailer! The swing out saddle racks I especially like.

lolita1
Apr. 4, 2012, 06:34 AM
Yeah for you :)