PDA

View Full Version : Is Desperate For Show Name Help!

MorganJumper848
Mar. 30, 2012, 11:55 AM
Well, it is that time of year again when I can submit a name change for my horse in his morgan horse registry. I am desperately looking for some show name ideas! :)
Name:Samson
Color:Black
Height:15.3hh
He is extremely sweet and is always looking to please. He also is very fast and loves to jump. A picture of him is on my profile. He will be showing soon and I really need some help with name ideas.

Thanks in advance!

LoveJubal
Mar. 30, 2012, 01:48 PM
Are you going to keep Samson as his barn name?
Is that his current registered name?

Are you trying to pick a name based on one of the following: his color, personality, bloodline, discipline, etc.?

Anyway, if it is color, then I found this site (http://www.horse-report.com/black-horse-names.html). Maybe there is something in there that will strike your fancy.

He's a very pretty boy, but I don't know that I can be of much more help without some more direction on the name selection :)

lachevaline
Mar. 30, 2012, 01:49 PM
How about: LION SLAYER. If you want to get a bit scriptural.

BAC
Mar. 30, 2012, 02:31 PM
Well, it is that time of year again when I can submit a name change for my horse in his morgan horse registry.

I'm not sure I understand, do you mean you can only change a Morgan's name during a particular time of year?

Tapperjockey
Mar. 30, 2012, 02:42 PM
Well, it is that time of year again when I can submit a name change for my horse in his morgan horse registry. I am desperately looking for some show name ideas! :)
Name:Samson
Color:Black
Height:15.3hh
He is extremely sweet and is always looking to please. He also is very fast and loves to jump. A picture of him is on my profile. He will be showing soon and I really need some help with name ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Do you know his sire and dam's names? Maybe that will give you something to go with

Piatt Farms
Mar. 30, 2012, 02:58 PM
Just looking at him, and not knowing what you are after...here's what comes to mind:

Night Fury (watched "How to train your dragon" last night)
Black Gold
Carbon Copy
Spirit of de Grisogono (google this if you've never heard of it)
Glorious Jubliee
Cool Water
Debt Free

vtdobes
Mar. 30, 2012, 03:26 PM
A Morgan cannot have his or her name officially changed with AMHA after they turn 2 years of age so the OP must be referring to some other organization.

RULE 3- REGISTERED NAMES
A horse's name may be changed once during its lifetime by the recorded owner if:
3. The change is requested before January 1 of the year in which the horse becomes a two-year-old.

MorganJumper848
Mar. 30, 2012, 06:53 PM
Are you going to keep Samson as his barn name?
Is that his current registered name?

Are you trying to pick a name based on one of the following: his color, personality, bloodline, discipline, etc.?

Anyway, if it is color, then I found this site (http://www.horse-report.com/black-horse-names.html). Maybe there is something in there that will strike your fancy.

He's a very pretty boy, but I don't know that I can be of much more help without some more direction on the name selection :)

Yes, I am going to keep Samson his barn name. His registered name in the AMHA is Kells RX For Success. I really hate it. I am not looking to get a name from his blood line because they are all really boring and all start with Kells or Kennebec. Thank you for the website name!

MorganJumper848
Mar. 30, 2012, 06:58 PM
A Morgan cannot have his or her name officially changed with AMHA after they turn 2 years of age so the OP must be referring to some other organization.

RULE 3- REGISTERED NAMES
A horse's name may be changed once during its lifetime by the recorded owner if:
3. The change is requested before January 1 of the year in which the horse becomes a two-year-old.

Hmm. I guess your right. Last year they told me I could do it, but maybe that was because I had just bought him and was doing the transferring owner application. How am I supposed to show him with a new name?

MorganJumper848
Mar. 30, 2012, 06:58 PM
Just looking at him, and not knowing what you are after...here's what comes to mind:

Night Fury (watched "How to train your dragon" last night)
Black Gold
Carbon Copy
Spirit of de Grisogono (google this if you've never heard of it)
Glorious Jubliee
Cool Water
Debt Free

I love Night Fury!

didgery
Mar. 30, 2012, 07:00 PM
Samson means sun. Maybe Solaris?

Carol Ames
Mar. 30, 2012, 07:08 PM
This one is hard:eek:, for some reason:confused: all I've come up with is "Royal chocolate mint ;) julep" makes no sense,:no: I know maybe someone can chew on that and come up on something;
mint chocolate, caramel czar

mojo7777
Mar. 30, 2012, 08:25 PM
My black horse's barn name is Mojo, and it really seems to suit. Could you use that as part of the name?

Carol Ames
Mar. 30, 2012, 09:44 PM
Sweet Sam:cool:;)

Carol Ames
Mar. 30, 2012, 09:50 PM
MOJO Man:lol:

My black horse's barn name is Mojo, and it really seems to suit. Could you use that as part of the name?

Carol Ames
Mar. 30, 2012, 09:52 PM
Master Mojo/ Major Mojo
MOJO Man:lol:

twotrudoc
Mar. 30, 2012, 09:57 PM
I *think* you can show him under a show name for USEF that is different from AMHA.

Chunk o' Mojo.

Mojito Man

Clear 9

fairtheewell
Mar. 30, 2012, 10:21 PM
Magie Noire (Magic Night)
Thunder Road
Dark Moon
Night Flight
Moonlight Affair
Midnight Affair
Black Label
Full Eclipse
Black Tie
A Little Night Music

fourmares
Mar. 31, 2012, 01:50 AM
Why not just shorten it up to Success? or use the long form of RX and make it Prescription for Success... or Happy Pill :) or Mother's Little Helper, or Go Ask Alice

Tapperjockey
Mar. 31, 2012, 02:35 AM
Hmm. I guess your right. Last year they told me I could do it, but maybe that was because I had just bought him and was doing the transferring owner application. How am I supposed to show him with a new name?

1. Any name would still have to start with Kells (that's the breeder prefix it appears, not the name).

2. Are you showing him in Open shows, or in the AMHA?

nightsong
Mar. 31, 2012, 03:59 AM
Horses will tell you their name. Sit quietly and open your mind; it will come.

Ace
Mar. 31, 2012, 09:49 PM
OMG! I think Go Ask Alice is hilarious! Too bad he's not white or you could use White Rabbit.

How about...Sam I Am? Go all Dr. Seuss 'n' stuff.

collegialequestrian
Apr. 1, 2012, 11:39 PM
Midnight Mojo (might be too risqué but somehow I think "Mojo"+ something else fits him from the pic)
Dancing in the Moonlight
Midnight Heist
Double Black
Double Jeopardy
Midnight Sun (that way you get the "son" sound of "Samson"
Sunspot

fourmares
Apr. 2, 2012, 01:27 AM
There are about 1 million horses named Sam I Am... or maybe it just seemed that way when I wanted to use it for my horse...

vtdobes
Apr. 2, 2012, 08:58 AM

If you are showing him in Morgan shows you would have to show under his registered name. Same I believe if you are going for any "Morgan" awards given from USEF or USDF or AMHA. I think the records need to match.

quietann
Apr. 2, 2012, 09:11 AM
Yes, I am going to keep Samson his barn name. His registered name in the AMHA is Kells RX For Success. I really hate it. I am not looking to get a name from his blood line because they are all really boring and all start with Kells or Kennebec. Thank you for the website name!

Kells and Kennebec are some of the best breeder names to see in a sport Morgan pedigree! It's really too bad you feel so negative about them... Do you know how lucky you are to have a Kells-bred horse? (Also as a Morgan aficionado, I'd beg you to keep the name so others will know that he's a Morgan!)

RMR-AK
Apr. 2, 2012, 09:16 AM
Midnight Oil