PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Horsemanship Quiz

ponyjumper525
Mar. 28, 2012, 11:55 PM
I was doing the Horsemanship Quiz for the EAP Application, but my internet went out! My browser said please reload page blah blah blah and I pressed refresh and it won't let me do anything! The internet page said "You are not allowed to access the same test twice" (You are only allowed one login/but can take as long as you need).

I emailed the USHJA people, and don't expect to get a response till tomorrow morning, BUT do you guys think that I'll get another chance? I was only on question 3! I'm freaking out :(

czgm7r
Mar. 28, 2012, 11:58 PM
Try deleting your cookies.

ponyjumper525
Mar. 28, 2012, 11:59 PM
How does one do that on a Mac?

Rel6
Mar. 29, 2012, 02:04 AM
How does one do that on a Mac?

I think your best bet in a situation like this is to wait to hear back. You could also try contacting someone associated with the EAP. In your case, where only three questions were answered, the might be more lenient in letting you continue taking the exam.

On the other hand, someone could have screen-shotted all the question, found the answers and then said they internet went out. Unfortunately there are people out there who would cheat and that ruins the experience for the rest of us.

ETA: Please share what happens, as I will be taking too and my off-campus apartment has terrible problems with the internet. If they won't let you retake I might take mine in the college library instead of my apartment.

ponyflyer
Mar. 29, 2012, 05:26 AM
PonyJumper,

Sorry to hear about your problems with the Horsemanship Quiz Challenge exam. I will speak to Carrie Vaught (the HQC's USHJA liaison) this morning to work on this problem. This situation (i.e. bad internet connection) hasn't come up yet but I think that the Youth Committee will be understanding of your problem. Carrie will be able to see the amount of time you were logged in and the number of questions that you answered. That information will help us to make a decision.

Good luck on the exam and with your EAP application!

Mary Babick
Youth Committee Chair

ponyjumper525
Mar. 29, 2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks Mary! And everyone else :)
She was able to reset the quiz and I won't be taking it until I get a cord to plug me into the Internet! Then there is no way I'm going to get disconnected!
Thanks for all yalls help!