PDA

View Full Version : Jingles for my little lamb

hastyreply
Mar. 28, 2012, 10:34 AM
I have a 6 day old lamb who isn't doing well. Seems to have gone down hill yesterday. Today he's not nursing and got the hunched look. He's a twin and took several hours to be born. But he was up and nursing and doing well. I don't know if mama (1st time) is just having trouble raising twins or if there is something wrong with him. I've pulled all 3 into a stall and I will try and bottle feed this guy. I got a an ounce or so down him. He tried a little to nurse the bottle but mostly i squirted it in his mouth and he swallowed. Hope this will revive him a bit.

Macimage
Mar. 28, 2012, 10:46 AM
Jingle for your little guy from S. Cal.!!

Wayside
Mar. 28, 2012, 11:04 AM
*Jingles* for your little lamb!

AliCat518
Mar. 28, 2012, 11:06 AM
Aww, jingles for the little guy!

Epona142
Mar. 28, 2012, 03:35 PM
Is he running a temp? Grinding his teeth? A hunch can mean many many things. At 6 days old, I would imagine he is too young for a cocci infestation and possibly most worm infestations. Is he urinating and defecating properly? Does he have any signs of joint ill?

Jingles.

Somermist
Mar. 28, 2012, 03:40 PM
Prayers and jingles.

ladybugred
Mar. 28, 2012, 03:56 PM
Jingles

LBR

MoonWitch
Mar. 28, 2012, 04:48 PM
Praying for your little one!!

hastyreply
Mar. 28, 2012, 07:03 PM
I think his mama (first timer) is more taken with the other twin. I'd open their small pasture into another one and they were moving around more and I think he wasn't eating. I've gotten 6 oz down him so far today and his little stomach is gurgling. He is a little brighter. We are having rain showers. I'll keep them in a stall to restrict her movements and therefore him. I'll keep giving him a bottle and see if he can get strong enough to keep up with mama and bro. He may end up a bottle baby.

hastyreply
Mar. 29, 2012, 10:58 AM
He was still with me this morning at 5 am when I fed him but I didn't have a good feeling. He was gone when I checked at 8. Something just wasn't right. Mama has her other one so she is fine. I had another lamb born yesterday afternoon. Her mama is Sunny so I guess I'll call her Sher. She's the first ewe lamb born. Two more ewes left to lamb.

Macimage
Mar. 29, 2012, 11:34 PM
I am so sorry you lost the little guy.

hastyreply
Mar. 30, 2012, 11:47 AM
Thank you

AliCat518
Mar. 30, 2012, 11:50 AM
Oh im so sorry. I was rooting for him. :(