PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a color enhancing shampoo

HowDoILook
Mar. 27, 2012, 03:46 PM
I believe I saw it on here just a few days ago. Not sure if I had searched domething to find it or it was in a current thread.

It looked like it was a sort of color enhancing/henna shampoo, I think the company made for people and horses. Or maybe people, then people were using it on horses. It looked like it was a smaller company not something that was majorly mass produced. I think it also may have been an all-natural sort of shampoo as well, but that doesnt really matter to me.

Reason Im looking is I just got a horse to lease for a school equitation finals, and even though he is definitely the horse for the part, he doesnt really LOOK the part, after spending the winter turned out with 5 other horses. He's a chestnut but has some sunbleaching already on his neck making him look almost blonde. He is super hairy, and Im hoping it will shed out, but I think from how the shampoo sounded it might be that quick fix I need if currying til my arms fall off doesnt do the trick. He is on a good feed schedule and is getting major grooming every day (1-1.5 hours of currying atleast a day! My arms are SORE :yes:) But i only have until next friday to have him looking like he's been going to the A shows, and body clipping is out of the question (owners request).

So if anyone knows the shampoo Im thinking of, or have any other ideas that might help that would be fabulous!!

KateKat
Mar. 27, 2012, 04:29 PM
I know that Gallop makes a brand. However, from what I read they don't really work.

There was a recent thread on here about a sunbleached horse and people suggested dyeing with henna...

Body clipping would really be ideal though, especially if this if for a show. Why doesn't the owner want him clipped? Doesn't hurt them ;)

HowDoILook
Mar. 27, 2012, 04:45 PM
There was a recent thread on here about a sunbleached horse and people suggested dyeing with henna...

Body clipping would really be ideal though, especially if this if for a show. Why doesn't the owner want him clipped? Doesn't hurt them ;)

I think thats the thread Im looking for, but what Im thinking of wasnt necessarily straight henna, more like a soap with henna or some dye in it.

And as for clipping, all the horses at her farm live out together at without any blankets. Its not the body clipping thats a problem actually, and I have offered her to keep my blankets if I clipped him until it stayed warm. The problem is, is that apparently one buddy has a knack for shredding anything and everything (even fancy schmancy Rambos and such) and she doesnt have an extra field to put the horse in if they had to wear blankets, and she didnt want mine getting destroyed. So thats why we are trying to get the job done without clipping.

KateKat
Mar. 27, 2012, 04:53 PM
I'm pretty sure it was this thread

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345611&highlight=henna

Good luck!

Fairytalending
Mar. 27, 2012, 09:25 PM
I used the gallop chestnut shampoo all last year for shows on the chestnut gelding I showed. It doesn't dye their coats as much as it just makes the color brighter and stand out more. I would reccomended it!