PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done the National Derbies at their local "A" shows?

asb_own_me
Mar. 26, 2012, 06:29 PM
http://www.ushja.org/programs/nhd/nhd_default.aspx

Anyone here done these? What can you tell me about them? Did you have fun?

ponyjumper525
Mar. 26, 2012, 07:10 PM
I've done many with my two horses and they are very fun! My first one I didn't do very well, but I still had a lot of fun in it :)

snaffle635
Mar. 26, 2012, 08:54 PM
I've done a few. Mostly they are really fun, but it seems like it's always 100 degrees that day. Sweating to death in a shad and stock tie is not my idea of nirvana. In my first one (vid below), they brought back 12 for the second round. I was in 12th place until the very last horse went. I was PRAYING for them to knock me into 13th place because I was too wiped out to ride. They did. Hooray for them!

Ok, I'll share - this is a baby derby in Kentucky. Be nice. This is a horse I leased for two weeks to go to Kentucky a couple of years ago. He was a total trooper and took very good care of me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4L1zL7_FSM&context=C419bf0bADvjVQa1PpcFO89PaIJnuydiljjTnKvzGY fTfasuUNrsw=

asb_own_me
Mar. 26, 2012, 09:48 PM
That was lovely! Thanks for sharing your video. My goal this summer is to do the Small Hunter division, which is 3' anyway....so I was thinking why not give the Derby a go?

Claudius
Mar. 27, 2012, 03:15 AM
Nice job, OP and what a cute horse you leased!!!

Claudius
Mar. 27, 2012, 03:15 AM
Nice job, OP and what a cute horse you leased!!!

RumoursFollow
Mar. 27, 2012, 05:12 AM
Asb, are we talking about your Asb? Is he really small hunter sized? He has such a presence I always assumed he was a big guy watching you show him. Guess I never stood close enough to notice!

I've done a few. All of the derbies are awesome :)

asb_own_me
Mar. 27, 2012, 10:36 AM
RumoursFollow - I didn't realize that we knew each other?

Yes, I'm talking about one of my ASBs, and yes it's the one I show hunters at the ASB shows and at MN hunter shows. He is most definitely small hunter size - under 15.2. Looks can be deceiving :D

asb_own_me
Mar. 27, 2012, 10:41 AM
I looked at your other posts and just realized you're Carey's trainer - we have not met. I didn't realize you were a trainer from looking at your ASB show records.