PDA

View Full Version : Classified ad FAQ - please read before placing an ad or emailing the moderator!

Erin
Jan. 16, 2006, 07:12 PM
How does the price limit work?

We require that every item offered for sale in an ad be listed with a price. Add up the prices of ALL the items listed in your ad -- if the total is $250 or less, you can purchase a $10 ad; if it's between $250 and $1000, you must purchase a $20 ad.

You cannot sell more than $1000 worth of merchandise in one ad, nor can you sell any single item priced over $1000.

Wanted ads do not have a price limit, and cost $10.

How do I use the free ad that comes with my premium membership?

Go ahead and post your ad, then send an email to classifieds@chronicleforums.com letting us know you're a premium member and are using your freebie ad. (If you're interested in becoming a premium member, read about it here (http://chronicleforums.com/premium.html).)

I posted an ad, but it's not showing up in the forum... I got a message that it was "under moderation." What does that mean?

All ads must be approved by a moderator before they go "live" on the forum. This usually happens within a few hours, but can take up to 2 business days.

I edited my ad and it disappeared... what happened?

When an ad is edited, it goes back into the moderation queue to be re-approved (see above).

To avoid your ad disappearing temporarily, you can simply add a reply to your original post, rather than editing it (if you want to say that a certain item has sold, for example).

Can I add more items to my ad later?

No. You can remove items and change prices, but you cannot add new items.

If I want to sell several items that fall under different categories (tack, rider apparel, etc.), can I post multiple ads?

No, unless you want to pay $10 or $20 for a separate ad.

Can I reply to someone else's ad offering a similar item of my own for sale?

No, because unless you've paid to purchase an ad, that's a violation of our no-advertising policy.

Who do I contact if I have more questions?

First, please scan through the topics in the Frequently Asked Questions forum, to see if your question is answered there. Also, read the classified advertising forum rules (http://www.chronicleforums.com/adforum.html).

If you still haven't found the answer to your question, you can e-mail Erin at classifieds@chronicleforums.com.