PDA

View Full Version : Affordable Custom Banner/Valance

brooksbaby
Mar. 26, 2012, 12:25 PM
Our equestrian team is looking for a custom embroidered banner/valance to take to our horse shows. I know Dover has them for fairly cheap but they only have 3 colors and I would like to get the colors as close to our school colors. Does anyone know of anywhere that does them with custom colors for relatively cheap (ideally between $50-75, maybe a little more). Thanks in advance!

TPF Hunter
Mar. 26, 2012, 02:49 PM
From personal experience we had a friend that was really handy on a sewing machine and she made our barn banner. She did a BEAUTIFUL job, its 10 ft by 3 ft, and we have had endless compliments on it. I bought the fabric and she sewed the trims on etc.

However the embroidery alone ran $110 bucks which was on the cheaper side and the best deal in town.

I cannot recommend anyone that can do custom drapes but if you do have someone make it for you I have several suggestions.

- Buy good fabric, its worth it in the end.
- Shop around for the embroidery
- Have grommets installed for hanging

Ours ended up around $200, just for the banner. Had we made a custom order elsewhere it would have easily been $300-350.

Goodluck with your drapes!

PS what are your team's colors?

M. O'Connor
Mar. 26, 2012, 02:57 PM
When I decided it was time for a tack room, I started with the banner, and ordered it from The Clothes Horse. I got exactly what I wanted, a beautiful banner, it didn't come close to breaking the bank, I had my choice of colors, and trims, and it is PERFECT.

juststartingout
Mar. 26, 2012, 03:39 PM
Schneidners has reasonably priced valances but colors are limited....Its possible to start with one of their basic colors and then add your custom colors as trim.

Same experience as the earlier post - if you can sew yourself - or know someone who can - the valance is a pretty basic item to make. The most expensive part is the embroidery

pattnic
Mar. 27, 2012, 08:55 AM
A valance and a banner are two different things, but can serve pretty much the same purpose. A valance will generally run you less.

I had The Clothes Horse make a custom valance for me; it ran about $100-$150 or so, embroidery included.