PDA

View Full Version : Tires for manure spreader

Gryhnd
Mar. 25, 2012, 10:07 AM
Where do you buy tires for manure spreader? We have a (bought used) Millcreek spreader, Model 25 I think (small, 1-4 horses). Thanks.

tangledweb
Mar. 25, 2012, 10:44 AM
Unless they were truly trashed, I'd fill them with slime or similar and see if they can keep going for a few more years.

Failing that, a tractor dealer, a lawn equipment dealer or tractor supply might have them, but anywhere that sells tires should be able to order them.

When putting them on, remember ground driven equipment needs them on backwards.

Gryhnd
Mar. 25, 2012, 11:45 AM
It is just one that keeps going flat constantly, so I'll try filling it with different flat tire solutions and see if any does the trick. Thank you for the info about putting them on backwards.

babyeventer23
Mar. 26, 2012, 02:22 PM
Subbing in to this thread - I have the Millcreek John Lyons (not sure of exact model) and we need to replace a tire too. It's a 12x6 I think? Tractor supply didn't carry it. I have a call into a Deere dealer because they can order it for me, but that's the best luck I've had so far....

goodhors
Mar. 26, 2012, 08:33 PM
I would call the Ag Tire company, the folks who come to the farm and fix your tractor tires. Or you could take the tire off the spreader, drop it off at the shop to see if they can fix it or order you a new tire.

They could possibly put a sleeve inside the tire, refill it for you. Save having to buy a new tire. I would give them the tire size before they came out, so they could have tire with them or prices for ordering a new one. I got a new tire from my Ag Tire folks, for a reasonable price for the tractor.

My guy comes prepared to take fluid out of the loaded tire, with tools to get tire off the rim or put it back on the rim, put on new tires. He can do about anything to the tire right there in the barnyard, get your machine back to work. He is not affiliated with any tractor brand, fixes them all.