PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to title trailer in Maryland?

Haffielover
Mar. 25, 2012, 09:18 AM
I live in Maryland and have my new trailer registered in Maine...can't beat $206 for 12 years, as opposed to $180 for 2 years! Already have tags on trailer and it's insured on my car policy for liability, comprehension and collision.

But do I HAVE to title it in Maryland? I know I cannot title it in Maine because it is not more than 3000 lbs., so that's not an option. Do I have to title it at all? I suppose I should because I have not yet paid taxes on it...yet another expense. I suppose I should because the title legally proves I own it. Although my name and address are on the back of the Certificate of Origin from the manufacturer, it is not a real title (I believe it is not a real title, but I could be wrong).

I cannot seem to find any legal aspect to not title a trailer in Maryland...I have yet to call the MVA, since it's so hard to actually speak to someone. Before I do that, thought I ask everyone here.

Thanks!

Melelio
Mar. 25, 2012, 09:40 AM
You can leave it in Maine reg. LOTS of people I know here do. I will be hopefully changing my MD titled trailer to Maine when we move to Texas next month.

Highflyer
Mar. 25, 2012, 06:18 PM
I have mine tagged in Maine. It isn't titled. You don't need to title it.

UpperFallsFarm
Mar. 26, 2012, 09:51 AM
Tag and title mine in Oklahoma. Non expiring tag for $86 One time fee.
Fuson Tag Agency