PDA

View Full Version : What color to repaint my trusty Trail-Et?

Mali
Mar. 24, 2012, 09:16 PM
I'm planning to completely overhaul my '94 Trail-Et New Yorker next year, and it's currently in its factory original white with dark red color scheme. I'm thinking to just do white on white all over, and also apply the Rhino Lining on the outside nose and halfway up the interior side walls. Any other suggestions as to colors?
I want to re-do the dressing area as well, which has a front window and a window between the horse area and dressing room. I'm open to any/all suggestions and any photos would be greatly appreciated!
FWIW - I have NO desire to purchase a new trailer, as I absolutely love this one...and am prepared to have it for many more years. I replaced the ramp & floor 5 years ago and also had additional supports welding beneath the floor (for added security). Hubby is a mechanic, so it always gets routine maintanence. I'm just looking for some ideas to "fancify" it ;)

Jo
Mar. 24, 2012, 11:32 PM
What color is your truck? I'd do white or silver with trim/piping to match your truck. :)

Melissa.Van Doren
Mar. 24, 2012, 11:33 PM
Mine's almost 12 (where DID that time go?) and I've been eyeballing the hinges, latches, top edging of blue, ramp wood/rubber, and hitch for repainting, with just a good cleaning/waxing in mind for the rest. I've powerwashed the inside regularly and except for a few of Hootie's signature teeth marks on the head divider (a better reminder of him than any headstone :winkgrin:), the inside is still in awesome shape. The local body shop didn't even want to give me a price for repainting the whole thing... implying it was $$$$, and they do touch ups on a lot of trailers.

Macimage
Mar. 25, 2012, 08:59 PM
I would use the white as it's cooler for the horses in the summer. Of course, you can add decals or colored trim/stripping to it especially if your truck is another color.

Happy Trails~
Joyce

rmh_rider
Mar. 25, 2012, 09:43 PM
White. It is MUCH cooler for the horses.