PDA

View Full Version : Circuit Premier Victory Saddle

coco21
Mar. 23, 2012, 11:19 PM
Has anyone tried this saddle? Any comments about it?
I'm considering it for my 17.2 warmblood with sharkfin withers. I've only sat in it at the tack shop so far so I have no idea if it would fit this horse.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a horse with such high withers? I like all the padding this one has.

Trees4U
Mar. 25, 2012, 09:04 AM
I don't have an answer but I was interested in info on this saddle also.

JumpingAddict93
Mar. 25, 2012, 09:08 AM
I have the circuit elite...i love that one...fits everyone i put it on

BeanCounterPony
Mar. 26, 2012, 08:39 AM
Just beware of plastics instead of leather on the Dover saddles. Since this is a higher end saddle, maybe more of it will be leather. I had a wonderful Dover Pro when it first came out. Beautiful saddle, comfortable, well balanced, and all leather! After about a year, the tree started squeaking and moving when twisted. I sent it back to be replaced and they sent me back another Pro except within the year I had bought my first saddle, they had switched to using plastic! UGH! I was really disappointed and sold it.

coco21
Mar. 28, 2012, 03:28 PM
anyone try it?

Appsolute
Mar. 28, 2012, 03:34 PM
Just beware of plastics instead of leather on the Dover saddles. Since this is a higher end saddle, maybe more of it will be leather. I had a wonderful Dover Pro when it first came out. Beautiful saddle, comfortable, well balanced, and all leather! After about a year, the tree started squeaking and moving when twisted. I sent it back to be replaced and they sent me back another Pro except within the year I had bought my first saddle, they had switched to using plastic! UGH! I was really disappointed and sold it.

Plastic? Where? What? The saddle wasn't leather? I think ALL Dover saddles are ALL leather... unless you are talking about the contents of the foam panels.

Trixie
Mar. 28, 2012, 03:43 PM
I think she is referring to the fact that the leather on many dover saddles is so stiff and plastic-y that they're practically plastic.

Appsolute
Mar. 28, 2012, 03:45 PM
I think she is referring to the fact that the leather on many dover saddles is so stiff and plastic-y that they're practically plastic.

Gotcha. I went to the Dover store in CO a few months ago and touched and sat in most of the circuit saddles. They seemed decent for the price, none struck me as stiff and plasticy.

Trixie
Mar. 28, 2012, 03:48 PM
When I was shopping a year and a half or so ago, I was totally not impressed. Nor with the quality of the ones I'd seen prior - although apparently the older ones are quite nice. Maybe they improved them?

FLeventer
Mar. 28, 2012, 09:23 PM
I have one that is almost ten years old. It looks amazing. Has not worn too much through all the abuse I have done to it. I got it for $400 on closeout and I am about to sell it for $550.

BeanCounterPony
Mar. 29, 2012, 08:56 AM
well when I received my new Pro, almost the entire thing was plastic. Its tricky to see because it mimics grain leather but it wouldn’t absorb oil. On closer look, it was definitely plastic. The knee roll was "buffalo leather" but the rest of the flat was not. The skirt, seat, twist, pommel were leather. I think the billets were leather but the rest of the sweat flap and the panels were plastic. I was not impressed and extremely displeased. If I had wanted a plastic saddle, I would have bought a wintec. This was about 3 years ago so perhaps the Dover saddles have increased in quality again. The older ones were quite nice.

pattnic
Mar. 29, 2012, 09:17 AM
well when I received my new Pro, almost the entire thing was plastic. Its tricky to see because it mimics grain leather but it wouldn’t absorb oil. On closer look, it was definitely plastic. The knee roll was "buffalo leather" but the rest of the flat was not. The skirt, seat, twist, pommel were leather. I think the billets were leather but the rest of the sweat flap and the panels were plastic. I was not impressed and extremely displeased. If I had wanted a plastic saddle, I would have bought a wintec. This was about 3 years ago so perhaps the Dover saddles have increased in quality again. The older ones were quite nice.

I promise you that it was not plastic - just really craptastic leather, which is why I stopped recommending Circuit saddles. I had previously owned two of the older ones, which were quite nice, but the more recent ones were terrible.

That said, I took a look at the new ones (the Premier line), and they are much improved over the crappy ones. Of course, they're new enough that I have no idea how they wear, but I would be willing to give one a try and would likely recommend one to someone looking in that budget. The one in which I sat was quite nice.

coco21
Mar. 29, 2012, 10:07 PM
hmmm... plastic? ... I'm going to have to take a closer look at the saddle again then. $1100 may not be a lot of money for a saddle but it is still too much money for a plastic anything.
Are there any wool flocked saddles still out there these days or is that a thing of the past?

fivesocks
Mar. 29, 2012, 10:23 PM
I like all the padding this one has.

Do you mean rider padding? Or padding in the panels for horsey comfort? or something else? I'm interested in these saddles too for my horse with high withers/dippy back. Current saddle slips back no matter what I do.