PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Trailer Suggestions

easystride
Mar. 23, 2012, 10:14 PM
Hello everyone. I will be in the market for a used 2 horse bumper pull with a budget of around $10,000. Does anyone have any suggestions on what they prefer? Safety is the most important thing to me since accidents can happen. I cannot seem to find any website on trailer reviews. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dalemma
Mar. 24, 2012, 03:51 PM
I really like my Trails West 2 horse angle haul.

Dalemma

ryansgirl
Mar. 24, 2012, 07:34 PM
Jamco would be my first choice :yes: but they are way above my budget (even used) so I went with a Kingston. I bought mine new 8 years ago and it still looks brand new today. They hold their value and are very durable trailers. Used ones can be hard to find though as people tend to hold on to them just because they are so nice. :yes:

jetjocky
Mar. 25, 2012, 08:51 AM
I have a Custom Fab 2-horse stock-type w/ front tack area. It's a 1992 and we bought it in 2002, I believe it was. We repainted it (don't use Maaco), and it's been a great trailer. Very versatile; hauls well. The floor is still solid; I need to have the wheel bearings repacked, but other than that the only thing we've done is replace the tires. It wasn't that expensive (I think we paid $2500 for it in '02) and has been a great trailer.

2DogsFarm
Mar. 25, 2012, 08:58 AM
Look for a 90s vintage 4-Star.

Some pro haulers who post here have recommended them.

I had a '96 2H I paid $10K for new as a demo, still looked brand new 13 years later.
My current GN is a '97 and also looks like it could have just come off the lot.
Very well-constructed, safe trailers, at least from those years.

enterata
Mar. 25, 2012, 02:41 PM
I have a 2-horse BP, 4-Star, straight load, ramp, with a roomy DR that I can access the horses from.( it doubles as the 'escape' door) I bought it new in 2002 and still love it. It still looks new, pulls like a dream and is built solid. If you google 4-Star Trailers you can read about their construction and why they are a good, safe choice. I did tons of research before I bought a trailer and specifically went to a 4-Star dealer. I would buy this same trailer again tomorrow.

pal-o-mino
Mar. 25, 2012, 02:53 PM
i've been toying with the idea of selling my brenderup. I don't use it all that much anymore and I know two people that own them if I ever needed to borrow one. What's the name of that website that's like classifieds for trailers... I thought it was trailerworld.com, but that's not it. I'll keep looking. Anyway they have reviews and tons of trailers. I'm sure somebody knows the right url

ETA: It's horsetrailerworld.com