PDA

View Full Version : haha i think we all do this

JumpingAddict93
Mar. 23, 2012, 10:35 PM
I think this is just in the horse peoples nature.... i keep looking for horsey things to buy...im waiting for our local tack sale... but i have $35 in my paypal accout that i just neeeed to buy something!! Im addicted! :D and that could be bad!

lachevaline
Mar. 24, 2012, 12:07 AM
I JUST ordered new half chaps and now I'm thinking... my stirrup leathers don't REAAALLY match my saddle... It's an addiction!

JumpingAddict93
Mar. 24, 2012, 12:28 AM
Ik! I was just thinkin...i do have a martingale....but its flat not raised...i do like the raised ones.... maybe Penny (my mare) needs a fly sheet for summer?... i need new shoes for work..BUT THEYRE STILL WEARABLE, even though the inside is demolished and are hurting

harkington
Mar. 24, 2012, 07:55 AM
As a university student who hates paying for half-full loads of laundry, one can never have too many saddle pads.

My2cents
Mar. 24, 2012, 08:54 AM
All of the above and I don't have a rideable horse. In fact, I have 3 saddles, 4 bridles, numerous saddle pads and too many 'accessories' to count, yet I still get giddy when a new Dover saddlery catalogue shows up. Sickness? More like an incurable disease.

GoGrnRideIrish
Mar. 24, 2012, 08:59 AM
Amen!! The internet is bad news for a shopaholics like us!

Victory Canter has free shipping over $25 and I believe they accept paypal for payments... just saying :)

JumpingAddict93
Mar. 24, 2012, 11:40 AM
Well havent been on that site...u have added to the fire...thank god for smart phones!!

GingerJumper
Mar. 24, 2012, 12:13 PM
You know you shop too much when the people at your local tack store know you buy name and say, "wow, light day!" when you spend less than $300. What can I say, Moose and I have expensive taste!

horsetales
Mar. 24, 2012, 12:18 PM
You know you shop too much when the people at your local tack store know you buy name !

And no matter what on line store you go to, you already have an account ;)

GingerJumper
Mar. 24, 2012, 12:19 PM
And no matter what on line store you go to, you already have an account ;)

Of course :winkgrin:

Crown Royal
Mar. 24, 2012, 10:42 PM
All of the above and I don't have a rideable horse. In fact, I have 3 saddles, 4 bridles, numerous saddle pads and too many 'accessories' to count, yet I still get giddy when a new Dover saddlery catalogue shows up. Sickness? More like an incurable disease.

Want to donate one? :lol:

janiemerle
Mar. 24, 2012, 11:28 PM
I had to keep myself from walking around in Dover Saddlery yesterday because all I really needed were stirrup pads. Nothing else. Just. Walk. Away. :lol:

bumknees
Mar. 25, 2012, 07:46 AM
My husband has begun hiding my cataglogues when they come in the mail.. I call them my wish list for xams, bday, anniversary, or any other gift giving day... He of course ignores them with their dog eared pages with hte hge circled items. so much eaiser to dog ear pages and circle items with the physical cat. dont ya think than the online one??? ;) so much eaiser to drop the oh not so subtle hint to someone your not activly talking to at the moment either..
Course when the stack is taller than you are and dates back to the mid 90's it is probably time to edit the stack a bit doncha think... no kidding though not to long ago I did find a schneiders cat from the early 80's with that little blond girl on the cover.. Didnt think just tossed it cuz their new one had just arrived the day before...

Mukluk
Mar. 26, 2012, 12:20 PM
I just started tearing out the catalog pages with the items I hope to get someday. I put them in sheet protectors in a notebook. Then when I win the lottery, I'll just go through and order everything (I recycle the catalog once I've pulled the pages I like). It also helps me prioritize on wants vs needs. And in the deightful event that someone wants to buy me a present, I can quick pull out my notebook and say I would like X, Y, Z,W, A Q, R, and T. Hope you have lots of $$$$$$$. Ha ha.