PDA

View Full Version : Feeling rather crushed...

goodlife
Mar. 23, 2012, 06:12 PM
So I fell in love with the GPA First Lady helmet when it first came out. The price tag was a bit much though, and just now do I have enough expendable income to afford one. I called the tack shop to see if they had my size in stock. They did not. No matter, she said one could be ordered in 2-3 weeks.

Well, the tack shop just called me back. THEY DON'T EVEN MAKE THEM IN MY HEAD SIZE. I'm a 7 1/2 or a 61...massive, I know.

What I'm wondering is...are there any large-headed First Lady owners out there? Or is it really true that 7 3/8 (which is ONE size too small for me) is the biggest they make that helmet? I already have a Speed Air in the 7 1/2 so I would find it strange that they wouldn't make all of their helmets in that size range...help!

Kitty
Mar. 23, 2012, 06:31 PM
I have the opposite problem....tiny head, 6 5/8....Had to wait almost 6 months for mine......but I love it! Wish I could see a solution to your problem. Mine fits me perfectly just like the many old GPA's I've worn over the years. I doubt you could wear a smaller one if your Speedair is 7 1/2. Sorry!

rememberthenight
Mar. 23, 2012, 06:36 PM
More brain power.... ;)

Muggle Mom
Mar. 23, 2012, 07:23 PM
According to Olson's Tack, you may special order your size:

http://shop.olsonstack.com/GPA_First_Lady_Helmet_p/h421.htm

Good luck!

goodlife
Mar. 23, 2012, 07:27 PM
Ah, thank you. I will give Olson's Tack a call tomorrow! Oh how I wish for a normal sized head...

zipperfoot
Mar. 23, 2012, 08:23 PM
No suggestions, but ACKKK--I hate to see you use the word "crushed" in a thread about helmets!

(I'd put in a smilie, but I couldn't figure out how...)

Hope you find what you need!

goodlife
Mar. 25, 2012, 01:44 PM
No suggestions, but ACKKK--I hate to see you use the word "crushed" in a thread about helmets!

(I'd put in a smilie, but I couldn't figure out how...)

Hope you find what you need!

Hahahaha oops, Freudian slip! :lol:

Rel6
Mar. 25, 2012, 03:04 PM
They might not stock the bigger size (I checked on Dover too, largest was 7 3/8) because its a helmet specifically geared toward woman and they assume the largest size is for men maybe?

Which is a little presumptuous on their part, since I used to wear a 7 1/2 because I had so. much. hair. Probably not a problem many guys are having :lol:

PrimoAmor
Mar. 25, 2012, 03:49 PM
I live local to Olson's and they helped me out with a CO. I have a normal head but a LOT of hair so I need a larger than normal helmet.

alternate_universe
Mar. 25, 2012, 03:59 PM
I feel you. I went to get a CO a couple months ago with all intentions of getting the JR8. I wasn't sure what my helmet size was because all of my previous helmets were labeled L/XL. Lo and behold a 7 1/2, the biggest size in the JR8, was too small. I didn't even have my hair in it and it was squeezing my head. After finding out the GR8 went up to an 8 I started trying to find one somewher I could afford. Turns out they're a lot less expensive when you order them from a shop in England. Shipping included I paid something like $210 and it fits like a glove with my hair in it.