PDA

View Full Version : Dove grey breeches?

RolyPolyPony
Mar. 21, 2012, 02:56 PM
Any manufacturers making dove grey breeches these days? I know FITS is, and they're lovely, but I can't afford $100+ schooling breeches :) I started trying to scour the usual sites, but having to click on each to see the colours was getting tedious, so I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone has seen them.

Yes, I am trying to relive my youth - I already have rust ones :)

Wholehearted
Mar. 21, 2012, 03:53 PM
There were some from Devon Aire on TOTD yesterday, so I know they're out there.

huntereq1991
Mar. 21, 2012, 03:58 PM
Ariat used to make their Pro Circuit breeches in a light gray color. I know the price of the Pro Circuits is out of your price range, but you might be able to find a pair on Ebay, CL, or Tacktrader. I sold my pair because they were just so hard to keep clean! Even if I was super careful at the barn, they had to get washed before I wore them again. With my dark grey and navy breeches, I can usually get two days out of them, so long as it's not the summer! When I sold them, I think I got $60-70 for them, and they were still in great condition.

BAC
Mar. 21, 2012, 04:01 PM
I have a pair of Ariat Pro Circuit pale grey breeches, and I hate the color, I don't even think I wore them, or maybe one time. Rust is a much more attractive color IMO, the grey will show all the dirt and rust is prettier anyway.

ex-racer owner
Mar. 21, 2012, 09:41 PM
I scored a pair of brand new, with tags Ariat Pro Circuits in the gray color for $60 earlier this year. Love them!

Lucassb
Mar. 21, 2012, 10:14 PM
I have a pair of Ariat Pro Circuit pale grey breeches, and I hate the color, I don't even think I wore them, or maybe one time. Rust is a much more attractive color IMO, the grey will show all the dirt and rust is prettier anyway.

You must let me buy them from you! I love grey on Spree!

SidesaddleRider
Mar. 22, 2012, 08:01 AM
I have two pairs of the Ariat gray breeches. I wear them all the time for schooling, and ride multiple horses. Sure, they get dirty, but I have never had a problem getting the dirt/slime/etc out of them by just throwing them in the laundry and using a normal wash cycle. They are several years old, and look brand new, so two thumbs up from me.

DarkStarrx
Mar. 22, 2012, 08:52 AM
Oh this makes me really happy. I love dove gray breeches and then they went away. Perhaps canary will be coming back as well.

RolyPolyPony
Mar. 22, 2012, 09:09 AM
Hehe, yeah, the dirt is annoying, but they'll be schooling breeches...if I ever find some! :) But I'm happy to hear that they HAVE been spotted!

indygirl2560
Mar. 22, 2012, 10:29 AM
I also have a pair of the dove grey Ariat Pro Circuits. I'm not particularly fond of the color, but it's not hideous. They don't get any dirtier than my khaki/beige breeches and all the dirt washes out every time. Check out Ebay for some good deals since the Pro Circuits are usually really expensive for full retail...

BAC
Mar. 22, 2012, 03:56 PM
You must let me buy them from you! I love grey on Spree!

How did I miss this post? Of course, they should fit you just right. I had them in a pile to sell at the swap meet but never made it.

mojo7777
Mar. 22, 2012, 09:00 PM
I have Devon-Aire Versailles in dove grey.

ParadoxFarm
Mar. 24, 2012, 09:59 AM
I just ordered the devonaires in gray. And back in the day I wore the light gray with a black coat to local shows and I thought it looked really nice! I plan to wear the new ones in some local jumper shows. :)