PDA

View Full Version : Climatex Bandage Liners and Wraps

CDE Driver
Mar. 20, 2012, 11:48 AM
May I see a photo of your perfectly wrapped leg with the Climatex Liners and Bandages?

I am having a hard time getting them just right! So if you have a photo of your wrapping artistry I would sure appreciate it!

forward ride
Mar. 20, 2012, 07:09 PM
Don't have a pic just yet (though if you check out smartpak someone posted a pic in the reviews section). But just fwiw, I wrap mine starting just below the knee with the padding and then wrap down so that the padding ends right at the fetlock (right above the ankle) & I don't "cup" the fetlock at all. then as the padding runs out, I wrap around the upper fetlock area with the elastic wrap part & then upwards. It definitely took a few tries, but if you think of it in those two distinct sections, it may seem a bit more simple. Good luck!

ETA: Oh shoot, I just realized you are talking about the separate wraps and liners... I'm of no help whatsoever. Sorry :(

CDE Driver
Mar. 24, 2012, 09:01 AM
Just a little bump to see if anyone else has any input.

Thanks!

EquestrianSapphire
Jun. 20, 2012, 01:25 PM
I JUST got a set of the liners to use under my Saratogas. Love them and I've only used them once.

I think I put mine on a hair too loose the first time and dirt got under them. I was really impressed with how much tighter I could stretch the Saratogas without it cutting off circulation, as opposed to the Saratogas straight on the leg.

There are two tricks I have to getting a good wrap job. I pre-roll my wraps and liners so that the wrap is rolled inside the liner. This makes a two-step process only one step. The second trick is to make sure the liner is absolutely straight, wrinkle-free, and tight on the leg... I would think it's almost impossible to put the liner itself on too tight. Then I wrap the Saratoga like a normal polo wrap, but stretch it tighter than normal to compress the liner. If you are worried that it is too tight, slip a finger between the bandage and the back of his tendon. You should feel firm compression, but not enough so that the circulation of your finger gets cut off. Use your common sense.

I would say that if in doubt, it's better to wrap a little too loose than a little too tight. And it never hurts to get a second opinion on your wrap job.