PDA

View Full Version : These wraps... Eskadron Climatex Training Wraps

tidy rabbit
Mar. 20, 2012, 10:07 AM
Anyone use these? Do they stay in place well?

http://www.smartpakequine.com/eskadron-climatex-training-bandages-7800p.aspx?cm_vc=Search

Madaketmomma
Mar. 20, 2012, 10:13 AM
I have them and like them. They are very stretchy, so I am careful about putting them on too tightly, but seeing as you are a very experienced horsewoman, you would have no problem. They definitely stay in place.

ParadoxFarm
Mar. 20, 2012, 10:35 AM
I have not seen these before but they look promising for the hot summer riding. Hmm...

OneGrayPony
Mar. 20, 2012, 10:48 AM
I have them and love love love them. I'm not usually a polo wrap fan, but these I often use when I'm not usinng my open-fronts or brushing boots (which are my normal gear for jumping and flatting, respectively) if I'm worried about the footing getting into the boots and causing rubs (doesn't seem to happen with these wraps.)

Miraya
Mar. 20, 2012, 11:18 AM
I use these almost every day. Footing does not get under them, they wash up well, and I like them quite a bit more than regular polos. :) I have 3 sets, love the colors they come in too.

AmmyByNature
Mar. 20, 2012, 11:34 AM
I have those T-Sport wraps and I love them. Not sure what these ones are exactly?? But I love my T-Sports!

pattnic
Mar. 20, 2012, 12:05 PM
I have the Lami-Cell knock-off version; I'm not a huge fan, mostly because there is a very fine art to getting the wrap just right! :lol: I would assume that the Climatex wraps are the same way... but if you have more patience than I, you'll probably be fine.

I do find that the Lami-Cell ones stay in place pretty well, so again with the assumptions, I would think the Climatex ones would, too.

DARQHORSE
Mar. 20, 2012, 01:27 PM
I have a set of these and two sets of the underbandages with eskie wraps. I love them both, but like the climatex under bandages and wraps best. They hold up great, wash well and always stay in place. I use mine every day, and they still look good - even my white set!

SMNG
Mar. 20, 2012, 01:32 PM
I have the Lami-Cell knock-off version; I'm not a huge fan, mostly because there is a very fine art to getting the wrap just right! :lol: I would assume that the Climatex wraps are the same way... but if you have more patience than I, you'll probably be fine.

I have both sets: the Eskadrons and the knock-off version (that were about a third of the price). The Eskadrons are far superior and are of much better quality. They are also a lot easier to get on because the elastic part is much longer. Mine ripped after having them for a few years, but I did use them a lot, so they help up well taking that into consideration. Next time I won't buy the knock-off version and will go back with the Eskadrons... I really like them!

jesse7815
Mar. 20, 2012, 01:33 PM
I used these but my horses legs were still sweaty... I'm not sure why but I do like the fact that they offer padding...

ShaSamour
Mar. 20, 2012, 02:07 PM
I have them and love them. Won't jump without them. The hold up really well, wash well, and provide really good support. Once you get the hang of using them, it's no big deal. I got my first set with a horse that I bought a few years ago, and I became a convert. Normally I don't see the need for the high-end Eskadron-type products, but in this case, I think they're well worth it.

ElisLove
Mar. 20, 2012, 05:52 PM
My horse hated them. With any other wrap or boot he was fine but whenever I used these he did this after our ride (and I have seen people wrap them a lot tighter than I was)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m3HGXDyfD0
(and yes, I shut that stall door immediately after taking the video)

My other horse was fine with them.

forward ride
Mar. 20, 2012, 06:12 PM
yes! I am a huge fan of these. I also have the t-sport ones, but those get super gross and then when you wash them, if you aren't super careful they will stick to themselves and get ruined. Anyway, I don't think these are any more difficult than regular wraps and they keep my horse's legs dry & cool while offering a bit more support than a boot. fwiw, the grooms at my barn insist that the t-sports offer more support, but I don't buy it. I think these, while not being difficult to wrap, do require attention while wrapping, but anyone with a slight wrapping ability can do it.

I would say, when I was them the black does get linty from the white padding. That would maybe be a benefit to having the padding and the wrap separate is that you wouldn't have to wash them together. But this i snot a huge deal obviously.

Collegebound121
Mar. 20, 2012, 06:27 PM
ElisLove- My baby horse would do the exact same thing in these but she would cross her legs so far that she was bowing!