PDA

View Full Version : I love that Harmon Classics show mgmt reads the chronicle and reacts!

shoponee70
Mar. 19, 2012, 07:02 PM
Just wanted to say how impressed I am with this Lewis Pack and his folks at Harmon Classics down in Tryon this past weekend. Back at the end of '10 when the handy rounds were becoming mandatory for hunter divisions, they opted to add a handy class to divisions on Sunday forour local '11 season.

This past weekend, I looked at our courses and was struck by Linda Allen's article from Feb. I believe were she noted how many shows are now using a 'single' to start there courses, and how it's being used as a warm up jump to establish pace for the rest of the course.

Poof.. all of the courses at our big local show this past weekend started with lines for the hunter divisions, and the eq divisions had lovely EQ courses, unrelated distances, roll backs and a trot jump with the option of cantering a bounce for the better approach to the next jump. not a glorified hunter course.
Great job guys, it's nice to see the local shows keep up with the A shows, so when our riders are ready to take that next step it's not like they are walking into a foreign country and don't speak the language! :D Kudos! :)

Donkerbruin
Mar. 20, 2012, 08:48 AM
Lewis and crew are awesome.

CapturinYerRide
Mar. 21, 2012, 02:41 PM
Lewis, and David, of Harmon Classics have just come off of a rather successful show down at Harmon Field this weekend. We are really excited to be part of his shows, which are like "A-" shows held at our little field in Tryon. They just do it right.

I just talked to Lewis, and he was already heading up to Latta Plantation to prepare for his show there this coming weekend. Y'all make sure to enter up there as well!

alteringwego
Mar. 22, 2012, 09:05 AM
Love these guys!