PDA

View Full Version : Perry Mason

CVPeg
Mar. 19, 2012, 06:57 PM
I loved watching these reruns after school as a kid.

I have just found him again this year. First he was on one of the additional channels for a local station - the only one I can pick up with rabbit ears. Love to curl up at night, and watch him before going to sleep. Use an old VHF recording TV in my bedroom so tape the episode in case I can't stay awake.

Then I just found him on The Hallmark Movie Channel. There will be a Perry Mason marathon on Sunday!

I always wanted to be Della Street :cool:, and actually have kind of been in her shoes. But the problem is, there are no real life attorneys like Perry. :no:

Louise
Mar. 19, 2012, 07:01 PM
My family never missed an episode of Perry Mason. I'm glad that you're getting a chance to see it again. It's on my Netflix stream and I may start watching it, after I get through all 12 seasons of Murder She Wrote. Love that show, too. Last night I watched an episode that was part of an exchange deal with Magnum, P.I. That was fun, though, this time around I bet I got a bigger kick from watching Jessica teach Magnum a thing or three. When it was first broadcast, I was probably too busy watching Magnum.

Bacardi1
Mar. 19, 2012, 07:08 PM
I never cared much for the new color series, but the old black-&-white "Perry Mason" was a "must see" at our house - especially if my grandmother was visiting. She was a hard-core Perry fan, & our little mouths had to be shut when it was on - lol!

sk_pacer
Mar. 19, 2012, 08:13 PM
I watch the old b&w series sometimes....it's on Fox, Spokane every day. Today's guest star (not that he was then and I hope I spell the last name right) was George Taikai, a very young man back then. It's interesting to see who was in the transient portion of the cast.

Bacardi1
Mar. 19, 2012, 08:22 PM
Yes - I love that part of old tv programs too. The old "The Twilight Zone" series was famous for showcasing soon-to-be big stars.

BasqueMom
Mar. 19, 2012, 11:21 PM
Another Perry Mason fan...my mom never missed an episode. They are out on DVD if you are interested...I've got some on them but not all. Amazon is
a good source and not very expensive.