PDA

View Full Version : Robert Jordan and TWOT

altjaeger
Mar. 19, 2012, 06:38 PM
Any other fans here?

cyriz's mom
Mar. 19, 2012, 07:10 PM
My DH is a big fan and I've listened to them! Great series.

Wholehearted
Mar. 19, 2012, 07:17 PM
I've been listening to them on audiobook while commuting for god knows how long and I'm finally on Towers of Midnight, but I haven't listened to the prequel yet. I love the series though I'm getting a little worried as it's the last book and I don't know how they're going to tie up all the loose ends.

altjaeger
Mar. 19, 2012, 07:31 PM
Yes, I really have no desire for the series to be rushed to the end, if it means not doing things right. (Actually, the new writer has already done this to an extent, killing off some characters rather quickly that Jordan introduced for no particular reason other than he couldn't help himself.)

Indy
Mar. 19, 2012, 08:59 PM
My DH is obsessed with them. Obsessed to the point that we spent 3+ hours in line waiting to get autographs from Brandon Sanderson & Robert Jordan's widow, he has seriously considered going to Jordan-con, and we own a Turkish ornamental dagger that was once part of Robert Jordan's weapons collection (which I'll admit is damned cool).

Lostboy
Mar. 19, 2012, 09:05 PM
i'm a Jordan fan as well.
I also like George RR Martin.
rich descriptions, entangled story lines,fat books,multi-book series, I love all that.

sprite
Mar. 19, 2012, 10:20 PM
I started reading the series last summer, when I was looking for something new (and I love long books that are part of a long series. LOL) Read the first 5 1/2 and finally had to stop at Christmas (I'm on Chapter 6 of Book 6). I'd read nothing else for months and just needed the break! (Got the new Diana Gabaldon,Stephen King, and Sharon Kay Penman at Christmas). Will prob go back in a couple of months. They are very good, but I think reading them all one right after the other is a bit too much. I was getting kind of tired of Rand al'Thor:lol:

altjaeger
Mar. 19, 2012, 10:24 PM
sprite, you've got a tough go ahead of you! As I recall, books 7, 8, and 9 were where things really slowed down and Jordan lost a lot of readers. Just be patient as you read and enjoy the process -- don't expect much to happen in those books.

sprite
Mar. 19, 2012, 10:42 PM
alt-thats what I keep hearing. not sure I have the patience for THREE slow books in a row. Not in a hurry to resume though, am into Game of Thrones now, :D.

pandorasboxx
Mar. 19, 2012, 11:00 PM
Love the series! Hiring Brandon Sanderson was a great idea to finish. I read the first 6 books and then started over listening to all on the them on audio during my commute, while cleaning etc. in order to keep all characters and situations fresh since there are so many stories ongoing. I'm all caught up and eagerly awaiting the final installment next year. Haven't read the prequel yet but that is on my list.

Since I liked Sanderson's writing, I went on to listen to his Mistborn series. Fantastic! I highly recommend it.