PDA

View Full Version : Lesson Barns in CLOSE proximity to Warrenton

REH
Mar. 19, 2012, 05:08 PM
Hi All!

I'm looking for a lesson barn for a kid in close proximity to her home in Warrenton. I'm more familiar with other areas of NoVa and don't have a good list to provide options.

Would you all mind providing some suggestions to help jumpstart by failing memory? Looking for basic, sound and safe horsemanship and a place where kids who aren't on the fast track to buying a pony would still be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

FYI: those that I am familiar with and can remember are:

Kristy Willwerth/Picturesque Farm
Chad Keenum

MoonLadyIsis
Mar. 19, 2012, 06:44 PM
what do you consider close prox? 15-20min? I'm in Culpeper and can give you a few names of people who are good with kids near here.

REH
Mar. 20, 2012, 04:41 AM
Would need to be not more than a half hour drive from Warrenton, and preferably closer. This is for a mother with three kids all actively involved in different sports, so having too large of a commuting radius would mess up the circuit of activities.

Thanks!

chunky munky
Mar. 20, 2012, 09:05 AM
Check www.millpointfarms.com. Right in Warrenton.

benton
Mar. 24, 2012, 04:32 PM
Kristy does an excellent job! You should look into her farm. She takes great care of her horses and her students seem to love her program. Good luck in your search!

alittlegray
Mar. 24, 2012, 07:49 PM
There are a couple lesson horses/lesson only clients (not planning on buying either) in our barn, and your student would learn from the best. www.hvfinternational.com - Teddi Ismond's barn. We are right behind the culpeper showgrounds, so probably 25 from warrenton. WELL worth it.