PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Horse Supremes-how much will they stretch?

SquirrellyBred
Mar. 19, 2012, 10:20 AM
Just got my bonus from work, so I'm treating myself to new tall boots. I ordered both the Tredstep DaVinci's and Mountain Horse Supremes. The Tredsteps were too big all over (and unfortnately the next size down in foot & calf will be too small), but the Mountain Horse's are nearly perfect.

My only qualm is that they fit very close, but they aren't TIGHT as I was taught brand new tall boots needed to be. Do these boots stretch a lot over time? The leather is so buttery soft and thin that I'm a little worried. Am I setting myself up for failure by not having them super tight initially? They'll be for shows/clinics only, not everyday use.

KitKat987
Mar. 19, 2012, 02:35 PM
Mine stretched some, as in I couldn't get them done up for a couple days, but now they do up without too much pain. I actually wish they would stretch just a hair more. They are snug, and kinda hurt for the first 15 mins on. I only wear them for shows though, so they haven't had a ton of wear since I just got them last season.

I doubt they would stretch beyond the size of your leg.

Tha Ridge
Mar. 19, 2012, 02:56 PM
I think they need to be very, very tight. I couldn't zip mine up completely for the first few wears and now they are perfect. (Still going strong almost three years later, in fact.)

As KitKat said, I don't think they'll stretch beyond your leg, but I'd be concerned about them dropping too much since they're so soft and not tight.

SquirrellyBred
Mar. 19, 2012, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the input ladies! I think I'm going to chance it and keep them. They're pretty obscenely tall right now, so I think they'll be okay even if they drop a ton. And it will be relief not to have to worry about breaking the zippers if I gain a pound or two.

pwrpfflynn
Mar. 21, 2012, 12:59 PM
I got the Mtn. Horse Supreme's for Christmas & I love them. I have a friend that has had a pair for quite a while & she has had no problems. I was told by a represenative from Mtn Horse that if they are tight they will drop 1/2 inch and if they are loose they will drop 1 inch. The other thing she told me was that sizes 5-8 are made 1/2 bigger in the foot bed. I wore a 6 1/2 so I got a 6 & they fit me correctly. Hope that helps.

kmwines01
Mar. 21, 2012, 01:19 PM
Mine have stretched a tiny bit so far. When I first got them I couldn't get them zipped over breeches with the Velcro ankle closures. Now I can. And my calves dont throb anymore when flexed. But they're still very snug. I've had mine since november