PDA

View Full Version : Elastic Field Boot Laces

mojo7777
Mar. 18, 2012, 05:05 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of these? Google is not coming up with much, and neither are my usual sites. I have pull on boots, and it would be nice to have enough stretch so that it would not be necessary to lace and unlace. TIA! :)

Florida Gator
Mar. 18, 2012, 06:14 PM
I found these (http://www.brogini.com/product_detail.cfm?id=EL75&attr1=BLK#) on a riding boot website, they should work. I think I might get these as I also have pull on boots and think elastic would make things much easier! Thanks for the idea :)

ETA: They don't calculate shipping for you and they ship from the UK, so it might be a good idea to email and ask for an estimate before ordering so those 5 euro laces don't end up really costing!

AlyssaSpellman
Mar. 18, 2012, 07:57 PM
I just got the Tredstep da Vinci's and love them. A cheaper alternative would be the Donatello's.

maigenesis
Mar. 18, 2012, 09:17 PM
Most fabric stores have black round elastic. If you wrap a piece of tape around each end, and put a knot at one end and lace up as normal, after lacing them stick the last end in, and put a know on the underside. Might be cheaper, but I have no clue if my instructions make sense.

ETA: It runs under $2 US for 5 yards

SolarFlare
Mar. 18, 2012, 09:56 PM
My Beval Puissance boots came with elastic laces, and one of them snapped after just a few rides. I contacted Beval and they sent me a new pair. I don't see them on the website but they do have them. Maybe you could call/email them to check.

mojo7777
Mar. 18, 2012, 11:49 PM
Good suggestions, all. Many thanks! I'll check out the fabric store first.

BAC
Mar. 19, 2012, 12:55 PM
I just got the Tredstep da Vinci's and love them. A cheaper alternative would be the Donatello's.

OP is looking for laces, not boots.

AlyssaSpellman
Mar. 19, 2012, 01:27 PM
OP is looking for laces, not boots.

My bad. You're right. :lol:

mojo7777
Mar. 21, 2012, 06:04 PM
Beval has them in stock, just not up on their website yet. After receiving a nice response to my email, I called and ordered ($3.98/pr), and they sent it out the same day. Great service. Thanks, Beval! :)

Florida Gator
Mar. 21, 2012, 08:00 PM
Stupid question: How do you get the loose ends tucked in to look like this? (http://www.smartpakequine.com/tredstep-da-vinci-field-boot-9484p.aspx)

SolarFlare
Mar. 22, 2012, 12:03 AM
I relaced mine the same way they came (which was like the link you posted): tie a knot in one end of the lace. Thread through the bottom hole from the inside to the outside, so the knot stays on the underside. Then continue lacing going from one side to the hole directly across, then up through the next hole up and across, etc. When you get to the end, tie another knot and tuck in.

I hope that makes sense.