PDA

View Full Version : Best reasonably priced show shirt

Mukluk
Mar. 18, 2012, 01:57 PM
Is it possible to get a reasonably priced cool max, snap collar shirt? I know this may make some of you recoil in horror but I have a hunter green coat (looks so nice with Chestnut mare). I usually stick with white but if I wanted to go with a color what might look nice? It would have to be subtle of course. Thanks in advance.

Mukluk
Mar. 18, 2012, 03:23 PM
Is it possible to get a reasonably priced cool max, snap collar shirt? I know this may make some of you recoil in horror but I have a hunter green coat (looks so nice with Chestnut mare). I usually stick with white but if I wanted to go with a color what might look nice? It would have to be subtle of course. Thanks in advance.

When I had a slate blue (I think that's the color) show coat, I had a Tailored Sportsman shirt that was predominately white with small diamond pattern to it (texture) with a subtle blue thread running through these. It looked really sharp. I wish I could find a shirt like that but with lavender thread for the green hunt coat. Sometimes I feel that I need my very own tailer to make what I want but alas that ain't cheap!!!

Hunter Mom
Mar. 19, 2012, 09:24 AM
http://www.victorycanter.com/Royal-Highness-Warrenton-Coolmax-Wrap-Collar-Show-Shirt-p-22962.html

$35.95, lovely fabric, lots of choices, coolmax, snap collar, washes up great, too!

Dewey
Mar. 19, 2012, 10:10 AM
Looking at the site linked above, I think the yellow would be a nice choice for your hunter green coat.

Mukluk
Mar. 19, 2012, 11:15 PM
Unfortunately, yellow and green would remind me of being a girl scout! The uniforms were primarily green but there were some yellow accents back in my day. What I'd really like would be something with an interesting pattern/texture. The victory canter shirts might work but I can't get the little swatches to show me enough detail. I thought all the clothing companies had figured out how to make the big picture of the item change to reflect the color you select. May just have to order and hope for the best.

Spooks
Mar. 20, 2012, 12:37 PM
Check Smartpak - they often have Coolmax shirts on sale. I got 2 TS shirts and an Essex shirt that way, for something like $40 each.

Dewey
Mar. 20, 2012, 12:56 PM
If you can forgo the snap collar, the Essex Classics outlet store is a great place for high-quality, reasonably-priced show shirts in a variety of colors.

http://www.essexclassicsoutlet.com/

Mukluk
Mar. 21, 2012, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the great link dewey. I can't imagine it would be too much trouble to convert a traditional shirt to snap collar. Just take the collar, cut it sew part of it to existing shirt collar and add snaps. At any rate I sure like those prices!

nelson
Mar. 21, 2012, 02:00 PM
Check out the Ocala shirts at this site - lots of color choices, snap/wrap collars and fun lining in cuffs and collars - free shipping too! I have one of these and am pleased with the quality, considering the price point.

Happy Shopping!

http://www.thecollectiononlinestore.com/

Dewey
Mar. 21, 2012, 02:49 PM
You're welcome. Good luck with the sewing. I'd love to see how it comes out!