PDA

View Full Version : Stables/Trainers in Anaheim, CA?

Whinny83
Mar. 17, 2012, 10:57 PM
Hello Everyone! First time poster, long time lurker here.

I will be traveling to Anaheim for work, and I usually try to take a lesson or two whenever I travel to new places. It's the horse person version of sightseeing, I guess. :)

Does anyone have any good recommendations? I googled but seemed to only find Western barns...I was kind of surprised by that. Anyway, I'd love to hear your ideas!

Thanks!

khobstetter
Mar. 17, 2012, 11:17 PM
Giracci Vineyards and Farms are located in Silverado, just outside of Anaheim Hills. Absolutely beautiful place and two trailers available. Send me your email and I can send you iformation and pictures....

Hello Everyone! First time poster, long time lurker here.

I will be traveling to Anaheim for work, and I usually try to take a lesson or two whenever I travel to new places. It's the horse person version of sightseeing, I guess. :)

Does anyone have any good recommendations? I googled but seemed to only find Western barns...I was kind of surprised by that. Anyway, I'd love to hear your ideas!

Thanks!

Whinny83
Mar. 17, 2012, 11:25 PM
e-mail sent, khobstetter!

PonyPenny
Mar. 17, 2012, 11:46 PM
There are also many trainers at the OC Fairgrounds which is a short drive down the 55 Freeway from Anaheim. Here is a link http://www.ocfairequestrian.com/Downloads/OCFEqFlyer.pdf. The first page is boarding rates. The second page is the trainers.

Little Indian
Mar. 19, 2012, 03:51 AM
I'm a big big big fan of Kristy Miller (Blackstar Equestrian). Wonderful person, awesome on the ground, and her horses are lovely!! I had the opportunity to show with her twice, and she was fantastic. I also sent a friend to ride with her (who lives in Anaheim) and she raves about the barn and Kristy! She is located at her own facility in Chino. Definitely check her out.

PonyPenny
Mar. 19, 2012, 02:44 PM
I second Kristy Miller. It was my impression that the OP wanted to stay in the Anaheim area or close to it. If she would make the drive to Chino Hills, she would love Kristy Miller. My daughter rides with her and I can't say enough nice things about her.

TheHorseProblem
Mar. 19, 2012, 06:46 PM
http://www.RanchoDelRioStable.com/

This stable is in Anaheim. Just click on the trainer banner.

Also, there is a horsey area nearby called Orange Park Acres. You might find something there as well.

I am not recommending, just showing you around the virtual neighborhood. Good luck!

Whinny83
May. 12, 2012, 10:45 AM
Well, thank you for your input everyone! I ended up riding at Shefmire Sport Horses because they were the only barn that contacted me. I thought I may have a small issue of getting lessons since I was not going to be a regular client and just in town on business.

That said, Shefmire Sport Horses was great! Everyone at the barn was very personable, friendly and helpful. I took two jumping lessons and was even able to improve on a couple position faults that had crept up (current trainer never mentioned). I walked away feeling confident with that elated feeling you get after good instruction. The school horse I rode was an honest jumper who didn't mind if I missed a distance. He didn't even spook when two rabbits came running through the arena!

I would definitely recommend this barn, and I'm glad they were able to fit me in while I was visiting.