PDA

View Full Version : loosering vs full cheek w/ keepers

Piadosa
Mar. 17, 2012, 06:45 PM
How much of a difference in severity or "whoa-power" would I find (if any?) if I went from a happy mouth mullen loosering, to a happy mullen full cheek with keepers?

I have a super sensitive, easily offended mare than needs a touch more bridle for jumping than she needs to flat. Mare loves the happy mouth, she doesn't go as well in metal. She also tends to go BTV and hide if bitted up. We tried a metal Myler dee that was a touch too much and she would go behind the bit, as opposed to the happy mouth, which she seeks contact in.

Thoughts on something thats a touch more than my happy mullen loosering? I have the same bit in a 3-ring which I will try, but I worry about the leverage putting her BTV. She will also be showing in the hunter ring this summer. So if it works for schooling I will need something more apropriate for in the show ring.

FraggleRock
Mar. 17, 2012, 07:15 PM
i ride my older TB in a loose ring snaffle and his next bit up for when hes sharp or hasnt been ridden in a while is a full check rubber snaffle. honestly im amazed at how much more woah it has on him. it definately depends on the horse but it works great for him and hes mister sensitive :)