PDA

View Full Version : How long do you wait for someone who is late?

saultgirl
Mar. 17, 2012, 12:25 PM
And not someone you know is always running at least ten minutes behind schedule. Like if you were supposed to meet someone you didn't know very well, to purchase something from them, how long past the meeting time would you hang around?

KBC
Mar. 17, 2012, 12:28 PM
Depends how much I wanted what ever the item is!

I don't arrange to meet anyone these days without exchanging cell phone numbers, crapola happens, and if you don't know a person it's a hard call.

saultgirl
Mar. 17, 2012, 12:33 PM
Recently, I left after waiting 17 minutes, at the person's house. They didn't leave a note on the door or anything, just no one there. I drove about 40 minutes to get there. I later got an apology email and an offer to deliver, and I accepted both and now haven't heard back. I'm crazy enough to be wondering if I was rude to leave in that timeframe? Said person insists she was there moments after I left.

FLeventer
Mar. 17, 2012, 12:41 PM
Of course she was, was it that hard to call you when she got to the location?

I will call when I arrive if no one is there. No answer, I leave a message and say that when they get it or get there to please give me a call. I usually then go get coffee or visit a shop I saw on the way there. I stay within a ten mile radius though awaiting their call. If they don't call within 30 mins then I call again. No answer I leave.

I usuallu bring a book or work with me during this time as well.

Gestalt
Mar. 17, 2012, 01:07 PM
I will wait about 30 minutes. If they don't contact me within that time I leave.

ReSomething
Mar. 17, 2012, 02:03 PM
DH went to somebody's farm and they weren't there. The item was out in plain view and he checked it out anyway, he felt it wasn't as represented and would need to be power washed before he would even consider it so he just left. Didn't try to roust them with a phone call or anything - he said he was there for 15-20 minutes at least.

I'm curious if they'd been there would asking it to be power washed be asking too much? You know, I'll buy it if you power wash it and it doesn't have pinhole rust under all that gunk?

snbess
Mar. 17, 2012, 02:32 PM
I would wait about 20 minutes for someone I didn't know. I'd be getting twitchy after 10. lol