PDA

View Full Version : Best place to find stall mats

Concetta
Mar. 17, 2012, 11:19 AM
We are just finished renovating our barn floor aisle and want to lay the rubber stall mats over top of the stonedust/screenings base....where is the best place to get cheap/least expensive rubber mats....we got them years ago from a manufacturer in York, Pa ....but it appears that the company has changed hands and we can't get a hold of anybody.....are their any other places to try around the pa Philly/Harrisburg area....we'd get prob at least a skid of them

Also possibly looking for the sliding stall door fronts with tracks:confused: new or used

Thanks in advance

GoForAGallop
Mar. 17, 2012, 12:02 PM
If you're talking that kind of volume, talk to your local farmer's co-op.

Mine charges $30 each for the heavy duty mats. Tractor Supply down the road does $40 for a slightly lighter version. But if you buy a pallet, I think my co-op can get it down to about $25 each, which was TS's Black Friday price.

Of course, I'm no where near you, so my particular store is not a help. But my point is, check with the local businesses before the chain stores; they can oftentimes be more flexible on volume pricing, and could definitely use the business.

As for the stall doors: new, there's plenty of places. Used, toss an ad up on craigslist and I think you'll be surprised by the amount of responses. I've done it before, and you'd be amazed at the number of non-horse people who happen to have horse stalls in an old barn in the backyard, and are willing to let the whole deal go for $100 each.

Robin@DHH
Mar. 17, 2012, 12:34 PM
This is a long chance but worth recounting. We wanted
mats in our new indoor in the stall area but could not
afford the cost of them. Then I saw an ad in the local
shopper paper for a dairy farmer who had stall mats
left in his barn after the cows were sold. Each of his
42 mats cost $7! We took them all. They were not
worn but did have random holes cut to allow the mats
to go around pipes in his barn. Those don't really matter.
I did scrub the mats with bleach as a precaution against
disease, but probably didn't need to.

Recently in my area one of our wealthier ex-horse
owners gave her 12x12 stall mats away; the recipient
did have to remove and haul which is no small thing.

Today I would look on craigslist for a deal like that.

judybigredpony
Mar. 18, 2012, 12:20 PM
Craigs list...:)