PDA

View Full Version : Spring!!!!

mht
Mar. 15, 2012, 08:09 PM
When feeding tonight, I decided that spring truly is here. The robins and red-winged blackbirds have been back for about 10 days, the kildeers have joined them just today, and the pond was really noisy with the frogs croaking. The temperature was even in the high 60s today.

It's wonderful!!!!

Nes
Mar. 15, 2012, 08:17 PM
The mud is not :mad:.

Yes we've got quite a few very loud redwing blackbirds about the farm the last few days, and I managed to get out to the garden to plant carrots, in MARCH!

Bluey
Mar. 15, 2012, 08:55 PM
What mud? We are in a drought, so what we have is dust storms, what is mud, we have forgotten.:(

They just said we will be dry thru the spring, boooo.

Good we put up extra hay, if at a terrible price, as we may need it yet.:eek:

We were 81 last two days and were talking today about bottling some of this for later, when it is 100+ this summer.:D

saultgirl
Mar. 16, 2012, 09:32 AM
I'm excited for spring! The snow is mostly all melted and I haven't had to break ice in the water trough for a week and a half! We actually have a forecast record high temp today of 14C/57F. Now that I've had a taste of spring, I am certainly going to cry when it starts snowing again :(

Belg
Mar. 16, 2012, 10:00 AM
Grass visibly grew about 2" yesterday in the parts that have woken up. There goes my free time....