PDA

View Full Version : Del Garda Sellier Saddles

ForeverandAlways
Mar. 15, 2012, 11:19 AM
Does anyone know anything about them? I am currently looking at one to buy for my pony jumper. They look well made and are obviously French or Italian .
Here's the saddle in question
http://www.pelham-saddlery.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PS&Product_Code=Used14302

There is also an older PJ up at my local consignment shop for the same price, however it does have a dime sized hole on the pommel that is going to need to be fixed.

I just sold my other saddle for less than I was hoping to and only have about 1,000 to spend.

FLeventer
Mar. 15, 2012, 12:00 PM
I think, if I remember correctly, that Beval used to make them or import them. They were sold through beval a while ago.

mvp
Mar. 15, 2012, 12:48 PM
I think, if I remember correctly, that Beval used to make them or import them. They were sold through beval a while ago.

Yes. I testdrove used one a few years back. They are similar to a Delgrange Original PJ. The PJ does materials and balance for the rider a tad better. The tree on the one I tried was a Wide and that plus foam panels really did not work for my gelding. In general, I liked the "this is where your leg will stay" feeling of the saddle.

But if your horse/pony fits in a french tree generally, this would be an interesting saddle to try. It's probably worth the $800 if you adore the saddle, but not if you want to resell.

minor detail
Mar. 16, 2012, 10:16 AM
I have the exact same saddle and I absolutely love it! Everyone who has ridden in it feels the same even compared to all of the Antares and Childerics in the barn. Mine is in great shape I think a 2001 model? and looks fantastic, I ride about 4-5 times a week.

ForeverandAlways
Mar. 16, 2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks guys! I'm going to check it out today and hopefully bring it home. It needs to fit my TB and my games pony too, but everyone has about the same back shape.