View Full Version : Custom show coats?

Mar. 15, 2012, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know of any really nice custom show coats appropriate for the equitation? Are there any nice ones off the rack that look/feel custom?

Mar. 15, 2012, 11:20 AM
Grand Prix and Marigold both offer custom fits and designs ( fabric/ lining) and they make coats for the eq. ring. I personally like the Marigold a bit better. My sister has ordered several over the years from The Farm House in S.C. I believe they took her measurements at one of the mobile units and let her pick the coat fabric from a swatch book. They were worth waiting for and looked great on her. She's got a weird build and ends up having to practically remake jackets off the rack with a tailor locally. She said it was much easier to get the custom coat and be done with it.

Mar. 15, 2012, 01:44 PM
I recently bought a used Marigold jacket that had hardly been worn for $70. I had been looking for a used one that was too large for me so I could bring it to my tailor to customize. After the tailoring I am sure it will add well over $100, but still a lot less than a new custom one!

Mar. 15, 2012, 04:54 PM
Agreed, grand prix and marigold are very nice. Hadfield's makes a very nice coat too.