PDA

View Full Version : Bt crump tomboy

Misslordy
Mar. 14, 2012, 08:20 PM
In the market for a new saddle and have sat in plenty. Sat in the tomboy and loved it! Haven't had it on a horse though and don't know anything about the brand. This one has adjustable tree. Does anyone have any input on them? Can't find much in way of reviews. I have a beval now but it's too narrow for my horse who is growing, though I love the feel of it over fences. Thanks for any help

mrsbradbury
Mar. 15, 2012, 03:27 PM
I have a client who bought that saddle a couple of months ago. It is very nice, the balance is quite good. She has a 3 coming four year old, and didn't want to invest is a super high end saddle.

BAC
Mar. 15, 2012, 04:07 PM
When I was a jr. in the 60s Crump was considered a good quality saddle. I don't think they are still made in England though, in fact I didn't realize they were still around.

Ozone
Mar. 16, 2012, 09:29 AM
Ahh thee Crump saddle! Had one loved it but keep in mind the seat tends to get harder and harder over use...

CuteArabHunter
Mar. 16, 2012, 05:26 PM
I currently own a Bt Crump royal by Zaldi. It is an amazing AP saddle. I like the leather, the quality, I just really like how well made it is. And then I outgrew it. :sadsmile: *sigh* Anyhow, the BT crump royal retails around $1,000 and I do think they are worth it. Somehow though, everyone who sees mine on ebay thinks I should give them a supper deals and sell it for $350 because they can find other AP english saddles for that much. Yeah right. You pay for quality. Ok, rant over.

Misslordy
Mar. 17, 2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the input! I wish I could figure out how to post pic because now my only concern is if it's too big:(

equest
Mar. 19, 2012, 10:58 AM
Just to clarify, the OP is asking about the new Zaldi-manufactured saddle under the Crump brand. Not the old, English made Crump Prix de Saute type flat, plain-flap saddles of the past.